So what do you actually dislike about 9.1?

It’s just 40 more renown. A new PvP season and raid. Add a touch of rare spawns and extremely low drop rates. Repeat for next patch.

3 Likes

Ah. I did it as a Boomkin so 18-19 min clears are pretty easy since I can just explode bosses (which tend to be the main time-sink on my tank alts) in literal seconds.

Next week I need to pay way more attention to the score breakdown.

Silver lining though is that bad runs won’t matter til next week when you can actually unlock the Adamant Vaults.

Should you use the buff every time you get it? I was holding it for the end for each mini boss.

Empowered seems to just be a flat score amplifier.

So you’d use it whenever you’re looking to get the most points. Unfortunately, I have no idea on the breakdown of points given to trash v doing objectives v killing the bosses.

Personally I’m using it whenever I’m about to giga-pull and use my cooldowns. Seems to be better to use it when it’s completely full since you get more time than using it just when you can.

I’m not happy with another layer of inventory currency bloat.

Having three sizes of both anima and archivist stuff - small, medium and large - would have worked just fine.

2 Likes

I like it so far

New zone is small but looks nice, Maw no longer punishes you for doing content there, plenty of catch up gear

Too much time gate. Just let me finish the new camping and be done with. After 40min i can progress coz blizzard put a time gate. Is the worse feeling. You don’t see that kind BS inTBC

I played 9.0 and my 4 main gripes were.

1. Solo player advancement ended way to early.
  2. The Maw.
  3. Torghast.
  4. Stories and rewards locked behind covenants.

Not only did 9.1 not address any of my concerns it doubled down on it.

5 Likes

It is not fresh content. It is repackaged and recycled. Nothing about this is fresh or innovative. For a company that makes as much as Blizzard this is like buying a 5 star meal and getting some crusty meatloaf. We won’t go hungry, but was this worth the wait time we spent?

2 Likes

I certainly had no idea what I was getting myself into the first time I stumbled upon it and ended up going in circles through the same mobs over and over a few times.

However, the loot dump at the end was pretty impressive.

Why do you think solo advancement “ends too early” in 9.1? It literally goes on for most of the patch from the look of it.

There isn’t really any major story-beats locked behind the Covenants in 9.1 so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

As for the other two, it comes down to subjective opinion. I don’t see why you wouldn’t find the Maw fun now, considering its the same Daily Quest type stuff you saw in MoP.

I almost get the sense you’re still salty about 9.0, and you don’t want Blizzard to have “proved you wrong” so you’re hanging onto your salt when you could be having fun.

Completely disregarded what pvpers asked for (casual and hardcore)

3 Likes

It did? Because from what I see, they’ve reduced the gap between non-rated conquest gear and duelist conquest gear, which is literally exactly what PvP casuals wanted.

Visit the pvp sub forum and you’ll see what what the complaints are

1 Like

Poppycock reply. If you like it great, enjoy.

1 Like

Getting rid of the eye is one of the Korthia quest chains, chapter 3 I think.

1 Like

Which PvP forum? I go under arena and nothing really jumps out at me.

More like it hits too close to home for you. You know it is true.

thanks, I just removed that from my post because I finally got there on my warrior

Both arena and bg forums

I see a bunch of topics about how honor gear isn’t live yet.

Still not sure what I’m supposed to be seeing in terms of what “casual and hardcores want”.