So.. we have blizz polls

hear me out…
polls are heavily rig-able.

And disenfranchise the players that don’t use the launcher?

First of all, who got to take this infamous poll? The streamers playing the alpha? Cuz I never received an email to take it, did anyone else?

They made a post

Where was the post?

I know Mechagnomes had been requested for years. I’m sure Kul’Tirans were as well. Now you may not like their execution, but both of them would’ve been on any Alliance AR survey. (Even if they’d place after half the Horde races.)

1 Like

considering how toxic and hostile some people are here, do you blame anyone for avoiding the forums like the plague?

1 Like

It would be nice if they did more polls about things that matter. They could even send invites to your character’s mail box in game with a link directing you to the poll.

Too often I think design decisions are based on a vocal minority asking for changes that the silent majority dislike.

1 Like

In game mail is a great idea. Heck why not vote by mail in game?

This is a very bad idea though. This would alienate fans of less popular races and give fans or more popular races ammunition against smaller ones. The forums would basically be a popularity contest where niche races need not apply.

Hopefully they’re covenant races :slight_smile:

Because that’s a terrible idea, the forums don’t represent the playerbase. Game design based on what would be popular on the forums would be a horrible thing to do to the game

The forums are probably a bigger sample size and more representative of the overall player base than players who get into the alpha or beta.

It’s probably just that getting good feedback from the forums is harder. So the alpha and beta testers have an outsized influence in the direction of the game, for better or worse.

no more #$@! allied races

Not exactly. Prior to coming to the forums, I had no idea what high elves or Sanlayn even were. Forum mentality is often very different to people who just play the game and never visit the forums. Plus there are many ideas that would be popular, but aren’t often asked for.

Does not fail to amaze me that we have two sets of draenei, got sorta high elves which will soon be basically high elves, and some people are still really mad about mechagnomes.

because simply the dev’s dont want players to have that kind of control on their game

mechagnomes were half released, the full cybernetic optimization should have been an option from the start… but “we mechagnomes don’t want to be full robots only 95% of our bodies”

I definitely agree they could use a bit more work but tbh i feel they add the most of any of the ARs by actually expanding the main story of gnomes and coming with a load of great transmogrified weapon designs

Join the mechagnome customization thread!