So we are at the end of dragon flight: Are we done with the night elves now?

As for done with dragonflight and on the verge of quitting… yep.

I never enjoyed mythic dungeons as endgame pvp content. So while sitting in BG Blitz Brawl queue, I was planting some seeds to get some drake crests to upgrade gear for pve. I’m not capped, yet I just spent 100 resources on a GRAPE seed that I planted and got zero drake crests. Seriously, that’s a veteran quality crest and should 100% be guaranteed to at least get 1 or 2, especially if you are the only one at the seed and pump 100 resources in it.

The random number generator they set for getting those crests by planting seeds is horrible and a waste of time. I’m not asking for it to be super easy game mode, but what I just described below is the worst case scenario and is bringing back shadowland vibes where you had to constantly find your ability upgrades with random luck and wasted tons of time farming.

Things like that are why people quit in disgust and look at the game as crappola.

Know what interest me way more then druids and night elves? The fact we opened the door that Outland is still a thing (with nether drakes joining the flights) What is up with the broken Draenei left behind on that world? What have they had to endure. Why have we not recruited and helped them? They where left to pretty much rot on a broken world and those are “your people” (Draenei) but we get the red ones and forget about the broken?

That story interest me way more then “look a sleepy dream…and a tree huzzah and yay. shoos wanna be deathwing away go away you we are looking at a tree here”

2 Likes

I hope it’s done. That way they can get back to what matters, the orcs.

Legitimately sick of the Darnarcissists.

Complaining how:

• They don’t get enough screentime.
  • Sooking about how they’re apparently the most hated race & disgraced people etc (They’re really not).
  • And how apparently all the other races, especially Horde ones “Have it so good” and are overly favoured etc … I’ll get to how wrong that is.
  • Don’t even get me started on how they argue they’ve been done wrong, for the actions made against world trees in the past.

Heck, Nordrassil was just about fully regrown & mended in Cataclysm; by lore standards when it’s truly fully healed – Their immortality should be restored! So they’ll have their:

• Immortalisation Tree: Giving them super-power benefits.
  • Spirit Tree: Meaning even if they do die after the above activates, they’re still pretty set for life (well, death … afterlife? – You get the idea).

Now, on the note earlier @ those who argue the Horde races have it ‘so much better’ and ‘obvious favouritism’ etc —

• ORCS: Literally had an entire expansion to show how easy their entire world in its prime, along with their entire race was a pushover — along with how pathetic all their warlords were, save except perhaps Blackhand. (I’d argue Gul’dan too, except he wasn’t really a warlord). Not to mention how stupid they were. “We haven’t even finished conquering our own planet, lets try conquer another at the same time!” :crazy_face:
  • TROLLS: Fodder for dungeons & raids for the most part. Outside of that, they’re generally outdone by other races & looked down upon due to such, along with usually rolled over by other forces - heck Vol’Jin as warchief died to trash. Their Loa have now become sacrificial fodder & thanks to Shadowlands now don’t have their own afterlife domain for their followers and can also be perma-killed (whereas before Loa & Wild Gods were eternal – and ‘Eternal’ actually meant its dictionary term)
  • TAUREN: Are barely in the story, and if so are 99% of the time are background or support characters. Their culture & spirituality? MEANINGLESS & GARBAGE (again, thanks to Shadowlands) – The Jailor analysed Baine, one said to be respectful to his culture & highly spiritual, and was told “Pitiful Mortal. I find your spirit {Groans} unworthy.” … Anyway, the Tauren barely get any content or much standalone importance in comparison to everyone else.

The other races I’d argue who’re neglected in much worth would be:

• Pandaren (I don’t think much needs to be said here).
  • Gnomes (base gnomes & their culture – outside a few characters here & there)
  • Goblins (crude & pathetic tech in comparison to gnomes, and are usually shoehorned into villains or their overall people seen as destructively greedy & self-obsessed).
  • and Vulpera (Would’ve been cool if the pirates / sailors of their kind are part of their overall people + those who joined the Horde as well, but apparently they’re ‘quitters’ & have nothing to do with them).

Night Elves have had heaps of screentime, content — and even a cool villain faction that poses a decent threat to many, entirely composed of only their people (Druids of the Flame). They need to stop acting like they’re the forgotten people of WoW, lol

2 Likes

TBF, it was the prelude to BFA.

Then in BFA, we had Tyrande becoming the Night Warrior, which set up the Dark Shore warfront.

Then, in the Shadowlands prelude, we beat down Nathanos and Tyrande took his head. In SL, we saved the Night Elf souls and Tyrande, saw Elune, and got the World Tree seed.

And now in Dragonflight, we’ve saved Amirdrassil. And now, we have our Big New Beautiful Glorious Tree :deciduous_tree:!!!

So, yeah. Three expansions to get our :deciduous_tree: back.

/hugs :deciduous_tree:

Fortunately it looks like for next expansion it will be about dwarves, humans and spider people.

I know the one after that will be about elves but at least blood elves and all other variants (hoping for some troll content there)

legion had a large focus on night elves with the wardens being a faction, illidan being a central character, having a whole zone dedicated to a bootleg version of the emerald dream, 3 night elf centric dungeons

bfa had a large focus on tyrawnduh and her becoming the night warrior, malfurion getting clobbered, teldrassil getting torched

in shadowlands prepatch we beat nathanos down to 1% so tyrande can come and finish him off, night fae story is about the night warrior, big focus on the night elves in the maw

and now in dragonflight we get a whole raid dedicated towards getting the night elves a new city. i dont know about you but im feeling some extreme night elf fatigue

3 Likes

“Can you please get over the horrible stuff stuff I did to you? I wanna talk about something else”.

2 Likes

yeah, basically. “ABLOOBLOOBLOO MY PEOPLE HAVE SUFFERED” is not a personality

1 Like

I fixed my typo hours ago so, now your the edge lord hands the crown over

edit (not my fault the edit didn’t take >.> either way i fixed it AGAIN) lol

1 Like

we need a blood elf expansion now. Midnight expansion hype!

We have like a year more of DF… :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember how everyone got “Orc fatigue” because of MoP and WoD?
Well, I have Night Elf fatigue. Enough with these purple pieces of crap already!

1 Like

Nope, you guys burned the tree, now you have to suffer the consequences, Enjoy forever more being reminded of the tree your faction burned.

1 Like

Heck yeah! Let Danuser loose on orc lore or blood elf lore!

I’m pretty alright with the Elf content we got if it undoes Afrasiabi’s wild ride. That was a long time comming.

With it mostly concluded I think it;'s safe to say we can move on from it though.

1 Like

We beat Fyraak faster than Tyrande caught up with Sylvanas…

1 Like

“Like orcs had?”

You mean like WoD, where we went around and murdered a lot of Orcs?

Wait… can we get that? Can we actually get an expansion where we just murder all the Night Elves? And then they’re just not a thing, ever again?

And I mean both factions, so Alliance players have to murder all the Night Elves, too?

Because that would be fantastic.

Can we PLEASE have a Night Elf expansion like this guy is suggesting? And then the Night Elves will just be GONE, forever?

2 Likes

Yes I think we really need development in other areas. I hope Midnight wraps up the Elf storyline and we start to see other races get more development.