So warriors are just screwed for all of WOTLK?

Yeah, Shadowmourne prios should have already been decided.

Getting mine asap on this guy with my guild and trying to buy a 2nd one on my alt ret, though that will probably wait till later because of how expensive it will be.

That being said…

I think it just boils down to warriors feeling slighted seeing themselves at 6th on P4 projections after Aggrend said in various ways don’t worry you’ll be top even as early as getting 252 gear.

1 Like

Only 6th on 120 secs though, 3rd on 180 secs.

That said, most ICC fights will last a good while longer than 120 secs especially early on, so the 300 secs sim is probably the closests to reality where fury is shared 4th (with shadowpriest) currently.

I guess it was just updated recently

Aye, apparently one of the warriors behind it got slam to work better on the sim or something to that effect.

I don’t think including the overpower spec for fury is really realistic though, no one really runs it even if it sims best in a vacuum. This would put fury at 7th on the 180 dropping down to around 16.3k

3 Likes

That’s fair, as far as I gather the sim results are on that sheet courtesy of fight club contributors.

Yeah I’m just saying a sheet showing theoretical top simmed dps doesn’t always align with reality.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty true with most classes. They are useful for ballpark estimates, not super great for “this is exactly how much DPS to expect” the margins of error on them are fairly large, and the more complicated the spec to maximize, the harder it gets to approach those values.

Ive given up. Im tired of getting absolutely sht on by every other class i attempt to fight in pvp. As well as miss out on end game content as a tank bc no one wants a warrior tank.

1 Like

Sims were showing right from the get go that Fury wasn’t going to be outright top in ICC. The hype was just that - hype.

But anyways, play it for fun. We’ll be A tier at least. A tier is not bad - it’s good.

If any adjustment should be made it should be here - get rid of the Pally cheat death mechanic. Warrior tanks are heaps viable though.

1 Like

Or spread it around more so everyone has their own version.

Ardent defender is definitely a problem in balancing tanks though.

2 Likes

cata is around the corner , you ll be fine

Plenty of good warriors with Smourne will top their guilds meters

Youre playing on Aggrend’s private server. Zirene said rets were an “exception” and they may receive arbitrary buffs to make them stronger, even the #2 melee in the game!

Aggrend doesnt play warrior so enjoy your scaling curve from dead last to middlish.

Nurf :clap: ret :clap: right :clap: now :clap:

1 Like

I like how you act like ret automatically gets Shadowmourne when calling them #2 DPS (where they are basically tied with warrior on sims, which has historically been more favorable to warriors in real play), but pretend warrior doesn’t have shadowmourne by calling them middlish.

16.5k ret DPS with shadowmourne? Omg nerf! Number 2 DPS! Too strong! Aggrend just loves ret!

16.5k does fury DPS with shadowmourne? Middlish…

That’s some severe bias you have there.

3 Likes

Find a group of people wil less gear so you can sit at the top then?

Warrior tears really do taste the best- so salty, yet so sad.

2 Likes

This is not true. ToC is very cleave friendly (warrior favored) and Ret is keeping pace or beating warrior. Moving into undead single target fights, with the fact Ret scales better because of t10, taj, and smourne, warriors wont have a chance.

without Smourne warriors is middle bottom, with it it will be middle top.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/16xzqi4

As is on PTR, warrior is the least represented class in ICC.