So warriors are just screwed for all of WOTLK?

So it sounds like the community is the problem.

1 Like

Warriors bring Commanding shout. So most raids will bring 1 warrior.

We’re here to play wrath, if you want good balancing why aren’t you talking about Arms, BM, Destro, Frost, ect?

1 Like

Wrath design goals were never that every spec was equally PvE viable. The devs at the time specifically called out frost and arms as “pvp specs” and did not want to destabilize PvP by making them good at PvE.

The goal was that each class had the ability to do their role well.

Every one of those examples has a highly performing PvE spec in icecrown doing damage.

I’d be interested to see the original post where a dev stated they weren’t planning to balance arms because it was a pvp spec.

Here is a Dev post about what we’re actually currently playing.

Doesn’t really seem like they are trying to balance all the PVE DPS does it? Go on, try to twist it around.

1 Like

I’ve tried to find it before in the old blue tracker archives, but devs posted an insane amount compared to now, so I haven’t been able to locate it.

Back in wrath they did do a small buff to frost mages at some point if I recall correctly, and made a post basically saying “we don’t plan to make it just as good as fire because it would be a problem in pvp, but it could be a bit closer”

Just can’t find the actual post.

At the class level, they were, not at the spec level.

They explained it for me…

1 Like

Lol, well you tried. My point was that when you say they are trying to balance the game you are incorrect. The devs have been very clear that they want the balance of the game to remain similar to the original while helping out classes that fall too low.

And the only class that fell too low was ret, which was the only class stuck with the DPS output of the explicitly listed non-viable specs that they weren’t going to try to fix because of alternative viable options.

And they buffed ret to the worst DPS of the PvE specs at the time. It isn’t until ICC with a powerful set bonus, broken trinket, and a legendary that ret is among the best DPS specs when ditching their best defensive utility.

People survived just fine in original wrath with ret being one of the better DPS specs in icecrown. New optimizations in other classes left ret in the dust though, so these balance changes do more to preserve the old meta than to create a new one.

Too low was below Fury, which is why Feral also was buffed. Can you guess why it was below Fury? The devs laid out why it was below Fury, I have a feeling you know but don’t want to say it. We’ll see what happens I guess.

By like 1000 DPS, along with the rest of the non-viable specs, many of those were even starting to beat ret.

Fury was at the bottom of the viable DPS, so it was a reasonable target for where to buff to. Fury was going to naturally reach top DPS status later, which it clearly is, so it didn’t get buffs.

Feral wasn’t buffed for being too low. Blizz was trying to fix their rotation and accidentally buffed the spec into the stratosphere. Then walked back plans to roll back the buffs when the player base melted down over the implementation of the nerf.

Your joking, right? Warriors tear up Locks hunter mages rogues ETC!!! Just stop!

Aggrend quote on Fight Club disc before leaving. dated 10/14/2022 " You guys know how wotlk is gonna go. in 2 tiers (or less if ulduar ilvl buff actually happens) you’ll be kings. patience friends. 2nd quote 2/3/2023 “You guys need to chill when like, ret beats you for like a week, then you’ll get some 252 and it’ll be fine.”

1 Like

Both of these things are true.

This thread is a symptom of much propaganda going on from rets trying to drum up theories and arguments on why they should get an orange over a 1st fury prio. Rets are going to be below well played furys on the meters.

2 Likes

Which is shown in that list of expected dps doc I linked up above which is maintained by an administrator on the light club discord.

He’s kinda sucking at it if the only purpose is to prioritize Shadowmourne :wink:

(no one prioritizes Shadowmourne exclusively on what the raid gains from it, it’s a loyalty/commitment thing)

Yeah, Shadowmourne prios should have already been decided.

Getting mine asap on this guy with my guild and trying to buy a 2nd one on my alt ret, though that will probably wait till later because of how expensive it will be.

That being said…

I think it just boils down to warriors feeling slighted seeing themselves at 6th on P4 projections after Aggrend said in various ways don’t worry you’ll be top even as early as getting 252 gear.

1 Like

Only 6th on 120 secs though, 3rd on 180 secs.

That said, most ICC fights will last a good while longer than 120 secs especially early on, so the 300 secs sim is probably the closests to reality where fury is shared 4th (with shadowpriest) currently.

I guess it was just updated recently

Aye, apparently one of the warriors behind it got slam to work better on the sim or something to that effect.