So warrior kiting is not only not possible, it is somehow worse now

Shaman still works though i cheat and drop the slow totem & shift into ghostwolf to really turn on the speed.

You can still hamstring kite, this is about non hamstring kiting.

Most of what people are experiencing is due to modern pings and better servers. Interpolation has gotten much better because servers can perform more calculations per second and therefore, they can more accurately calculate the positions of where mobs should be. Oh and client side predictions have gotten better as well.

Look up how netcode works between servers and clients. There are a lot of explanations on prediction and interpolation.

You guys are whack. I /played tons of vanilla. You could exploit server response yes, buts its not like mobs had a dead zone that prevented them from reacting
 just nonsense ya spewing

i don’t know
 i mean i recall on vanilla i could run away while strafing left and right and somehow it’ll confuse the mobs to zig zag and make it harder for them to hit me
 but maybe that was fixed later on in vanilla as i played during the earlier days and not near the end

I hope you’re not basing this off private servers because even private server admins have said they sometimes had to guess in numbers and what not because they werent sure how it actually was

This. There’s a reason warriors have Charge in Classic and not Unheroic Leap. Warriors charge into the fray, hell or high water. They don’t run/hop away like a dainty boy.

1 Like

This thread is clearly about hamstring kiting.

I am basing this off of every single warrior guide which relies on this.

Also, just from playing any non-warrior in classic, common enemies can hit you from outside of even a paladin’s judgement range.

You can still hamstring kite though

they also made solo leveling on warriors the kind of experience that may make you break a few monitors.

That is not much of an argument.

I already explained why it isn’t. Every tutorial on youtube of how to do it has new comments from the past 2 days wondering why it no longer works.

There are threads on reddit about how it doesn’t work anymore.

I remember VIVIDLY that mobs could hit you from miles away. It was annoying to try and run on low health cuz you never knew if they could just smack you.

My first drop was a green bow. don’t remember the set of stats on them, but I wasn’t entirely thrilled because I’m a warlock and obviously i couldn’t use, but the random lucky hunter I whispered running by me at the time was very happy.

I just watched a clip of someone performing hamstring kiting on classic. It still works. I can’t link the clip here but can describe how to find it:

On youtube go to a video called “Comprehensive Classic Warrior Guide | PHASE 1: PRE-RAID BIS, Quests, Hamstring Kiting, & Talents |”

Scroll down through the comments there is someone who commented that hamstring kiting doesn’t work named Babachaw. The OP of the video has responded with a twitch.tv clip demonstrating hamstring kiting.

That just links to the twitch homepage

No you have to follow the instructions I wrote out: go to that youtube video and find the link in the comments. I was just referring to twitch by name there, not intended to link.

Found it:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyFlirtySamosaPlanking

" Wasn’t jousting rendered obsolete by the leeway mechanic?"
“Yeah going to have to backpedal and sidestep now.”

“Will hamstring kiting be viable in classic? I think I heard it wont be because melee leway but I might be wrong”
“It should be possible you will just have to kite backwards and to the slide rather than running through it. Hopefully they fix leeway at release but it was possible to hamstring kite in the beta.”

So it was broken, but kind of works if you do a very specific diagonal run while jumping.

2 Likes

It isn’t easy to only be in melee range when your swing timer goes off, but the basic concept still works. I’ve been using it a lot and it gets the job done.

Unfortunately, if the reference is private servers then it is a dead end conversation. We know they made up a lot of the scripting behavior on those servers.

I’m actually having a noticeably EASIER time leveling than on the Nostalrius line of servers. There is no need to kite at all unless you are taking on higher level mobs or multiple mobs. You also generate noticeably more rage at lower levels from attacking mobs as well. Quest mobs also hit for a lot less as well. It’s still painful to level solo, but it’s slightly more tolerable here.

I suppose that is true, but the way enemies react to you has more implications for the game; especially for kiting and tanking.