So umm...what is going on with Thrall and Jaina?

But he’s just a line in a song!

1 Like

Aggra was created for the sole purpose of producing Mag’har children for Thrall. The only thing I ever recall Metzen saying on the issue of Thrall X Jaina was a joke about 'have you seen what happens to the men she dates?" and a quip about how Thrall needed someone to make little brown orc babies with. Well he has those now. No more need for his boring wife.

6 Likes

ya I don’t think the player response was ever very positive with Aggra and they always take stuff like this into account when they decide what direction to go with these characters.

The players really weren’t happy with the green jesus Thrall and apparently Metzen wasn’t very happy back then either so like I said, new Metzen, new Thrall, maybe this new romance will be their tool to bring the factions together in 9.0 (to reclaim Azeroth from the Black Empire).

2 Likes

A political marriage would be strategically beneficial. Would bridge the gap between the Alliance and the Horde and signal long-lasting peace.

1 Like

Also note to Blizz: How hard is it to make my forum character stay on the last one I posted as when I log in again instead of literally picking an unplayed alt I have zero post history with? Jesus! XD

1 Like

Yeah, he’s far too honorable and noble for that. It would be much more likely if Aggra dumped him or died.

2 Likes

I suspect that something is going to happen with Aggra soon. Suspect she’ll be one of Sylvanas’ victims.

3 Likes

I’m betting on the death option. If they really need to add another “LOL! see how evul I am?” item on Sylvie’s list…killing Thrall’s wife and the mother of his children would be perfect.

2 Likes

huh I could of swore somewhere he said he hated that ship

There was the off-hand reference in early WoW to the Thrall and Jaina ship in the [White Punch Card] item. From the way things panned out in WC3, and given Thrall’s history (he remarks that she reminds him a lot of Taretha Foxton), a relationship was a definite narrative possibility.

But then, you know, the rest of WoW happened. As much as I would personally like to have that potential nugget of character development bear fruit, it would just be too … weird, now. Aggra would have to be out of the picture, and there would have to be time between then and whenever Thrall and Jaina would get together for it to not be … gross.

Such things take time, patience, and a plan for characters - something which Blizzard has demonstrated over a decade that it has zero interest in.

2 Likes

Actually in the novel Rise of the Lich King it confirmed that Arthas and Jaina were pretty much engaged in all but the official announcement, including having slept together. Arthas got freaked out though when she mentioned how golden-haired their kids would probably be and he started putting distance between them.

2 Likes

Broke up with Jaina, murdered his father and started a war against the living…all because the man had commitment issues? Tsk tsk…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I mean, at some point he had his soul stolen. Probably about when he hooked up with the Dreadlord. You know how much that can change somebody.

1 Like

Look I was right !

I don’t know, but I thought it was funny that they did this, given what a hot topic it was in Wow fandom at one time.

Say what you want about the BfA story, and especially the war campaign. There are things about it that I also really didn’t/don’t like.

But they got Jaina exactly right, imho. The revamped look, the Daughter of the Sea persona, the confrontation with the Horde in Dazar’alor, and finally the more emotional moments with Baine, Derek Proudmoore, Calia Menethil and Thrall.

Yeah, tell that to Thrall’s wife, and see what happens to you, Thrall, and Jaina!

So by your logic when I politely touch someone’s arm and say “excuse me” as I walk by I’m sexually contacting them?
I should be in prison for all of the sexual assaulting I’ve been doing the past 30 years.

Let me guess, you’re between 15-19 years old and belong to the snowflake Era

Lol nothing. Thrall has a wife and kid.

Oh gross!

She’s strong, smart and ambitious and he’s married, has feet of clay and needs to get off the cross.

3 Likes