So umm...what is going on with Thrall and Jaina?

I find this movie to be very disturbing.

I feel violated in more than one way.

ā€œI led us here to escape senseless conflict. Now it seems weā€™re surrounded by it.ā€ - Thrall, WC3 Orc 01 ā€œLandfallā€

3 Likes

For some reason I now want to tell him you sure got a purdy mouth just for the reaction

1 Like

Better not watch the rest of the movie, then :wink:

1 Like

Ahhh, the memories. Thall and Jaina, the rumors.

Anything to hype Classic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think there is a misunderstanding when it comes to social cues.

a sympathetic arm touch, especially given the subject of their conversation and their history, could in no away be misconstrued as jaina making an advance on thrall

4 Likes

Well thatā€™s debatable.

I have 4 different jokes to answer with, and all 4 would result in a ban.

In cinematic thereā€™s some romantic tension between the two.

4 Likes

Orcish women are somewhat similar in size to Human women, they just have more muscle and slightly thicker bones. So, Thrall would just have to be slightly more gentle, which wouldnā€™t be all that difficult.

2 Likes

Something that inspired this:

News to me that a reassuring light arm touch = instant Sexualization. Gonna be really hard to explain that one to my parents or any other relatives Iā€™ve used that move on.

Leave it to the Internet to take something like that and over sexualize it. Now Iā€™ll have to find a whole new way to interact with people. Canā€™t wait for handshakes to equal unsettling sexual tension.

Maybe Iā€™m blind but I just donā€™t see it in the cinematic. Theyā€™re both currently involved with other people. Jaina is hit or miss with the dragon dude but thrall is happily married and a father.

2 Likes

I wish males and females could be friends without people saying anything lol

Kalec dumped Jaina because he ā€œcouldnā€™t help herā€. Katherine (and Thrall) succeeded in ā€œhelpingā€ Jaina. Thatā€™s really symbolic in storytelling. The man who actually ended up helping her wasnā€™t her quick crush, but the old friend who has always been kind and honorable towards her.

Aggraā€¦ was conspicuously absent from Thrallā€™s farm. No sound of children playing (his children would be toddlers, and they can be rather loud), and he lived near Oshuā€™gun and the Ancestral Grounds. His family could have died from the Red Pox or an Ogre attack or something. Or she could have divorced him over him always leaving to save the world, and she needed a more ā€œstableā€ relationship than that.

7 Likes

in real life? Of course not. But this is a video game, and especially in a cinematic where literally every shot and every second is carefully staged, such a deliberate touch (and a zoomed in, emphasized touch at that) means something (especially since thatā€™s the point in the cinematic where he finally turns to face her directly and they look into each othersā€™ eyes). And the quick, flustered way she steps back from him when Saurfang and Baine approach too.

9 Likes

Context matters.

If they were just getting to know each other, the arm touch and loving gaze would definitely be flirting.

Knowing their long history together, it comes across more as a concerned friend.

3 Likes

You fanfiction shipping creeps need to make real life friends so that way you can tell the difference between a romantic gesture and one of concern.

Thrallā€™s about to give her a good stabbing

Nah, Iā€™m fine.

Agreed. The zoomed-in shot is the most telling thing about the cinematic. Although Iā€™m willing to concede that it might have just been a nod to those who have wanted something to happen between them for so longā€¦but I donā€™t think so, seems too intentional. Weā€™ll see what happens.

4 Likes

LOL youā€™re reaching too much dude, I didnā€™t perceive it that way unless Blizzard is willing to introduce something very real in the WoW universe: adultery