So, uh, Where's Vol'jin?

Surprised no one’s talked about this before. Where’s Vol’jin? Seems like it’d be a perfect time to bring him in, no?

More lore is real rusty but isn’t he chilling in shadow lands?

2 Likes

I think bringing him back in a big way right now would threaten to overshadow the Nelf stuff, while bringing him back quietly would be a slight to his fans. There’s no winning move there.

7 Likes

Vol’jin is currently chilling in a wild seed, as he transcends to a Loa.

11 Likes

Calling it now: He will return at the same time Malfurion does. His promotion to loa-hood will be accompanied by Malfurion gaining the official status of Wild God.

11 Likes

Like stated above I do not think they want to take away what has come to The Night Elves for their moment. Rather I see him coming back in The Darkspear Troll heritage questline. Vol’jin returns as Loa of Kings. He did say a lot in his dialog for the tribes in Shadowlands. When he usually says for the Darkspear. I believe it will be him bringing the scattered troll tribes of the Amani, Gurubasshi, Farraki and what remains of the Ice Trolls together and into the Horde.

4 Likes

Midnight might be his moment. In this more, uh, culturally sensitive era of Warcraft, I could see the writers trying to reconcile the elves and Amani, and I can think of worse mediators than the Warchief of the Horde-turned-Loa of Kings.

7 Likes

Literally who?

1 Like

The zandalari are involved in the next expansion, most likely a better place to bring vol’jin. I think shadra needs the most help in azj-kahet. :spider::sweat_drops:

4 Likes

Can we not? Just chuck Malfurion back from the SL already Blizzard, even in his current state he is already as powerful, if not more powerful then a Wild God.

I just want Tyrande to have an unequivocal win without all this nonsense!

Come Midnight we’ll learn Zul’jin escaped Revendreth, made his way into Ardenweald, and cannibalized Vol’jin’s Wild Seed, becoming a new Loa.

He’ll be a raid boss. Again. Malfurion will come in at the end to knock him senseless, and Ysera will whisk him off to eternal imprisonment in Ardenweald. Bwonsamdi won’t even make an appearance.

5 Likes

Based and Alliance-pilled.

2 Likes

It’s just the kind of writing I expect of Blizzard these days.

Ideally Vol’jin would make a return sooner than Midnight. Say, when Paladins are unlocked for all races, and Darkspears can become Paladins, that would be the logical point for his return, to empower trolls across all tribes as Prelates.

1 Like

That’s actually how I was imagining Darkspear would get their own version of the Prelates; drawing upon the power of Vol’jin in the same fashion the Zandalari used to do with Rezan.

2 Likes

For sure they are bringing him back for the troll heritage armor.

Or more likely we come it, save Vol’jin and then he becomes a loa. Seems more like the current style to be hopeful as oppose those this clearly myopic take.

1 Like

When it comes to raid bosses, Blizzard has to make them unrepentantly evil. Just look at Dragonflight. Raszageth was off the deep end doing stuff that could not be redeemed. Iridikron used his siblings for his own ends, which is to hurt the Titans as much as possible, and Fyrrak went nuts because he just wants to burn the world. The only Primal Incarnate who didn’t wind up a raid boss was Vyranoth because she never lost her objectivity to hatred or madness. Look at her now: the sixth Aspect.

Speculating on Midnight’s raid bosses, we can probably expect this same trend where they’re all evil by choice or madness and cannot be saved. Assuming Blizzard uses the trolls as enemies (as much of a favorite as using the Scarlet Crusade over and over), we’d have to see someone blatantly evil. I could see them re-using Zul’jin just to build hype with nostalgia.

Of course, they could also redeem Zul’jin, perhaps, but the window for that was missed about eight expansions ago. Basically, it should’ve happened in BC, if it ever was going to happen at all. If they do it today, it’ll feel forced and Zul’jin will not feel like Zul’jin.

2 Likes

Hence why I didn’t correct the portion of Zul’jin trying to take Vol’jin’s power. Only that we will likely kill him for trying.

1 Like

the amani never gonna give up

1 Like

He’s certainly more powerful than some wild gods, since they’re not all equal. Heck, even Ysera said that he’s more powerful than her in the book Stormrage I believe?
Which is yet another reason I found it “funny” that they had to be exchanged for some reason. Anyway, I’m not going to go more off-topic here.

1 Like