So, uh, anyone going to do anything about that big sword?

Probably due to the weapon being larger than probably anything any of this technology has ever been tested on.

Further the swords more than likely magical, as it’s corrupting the area it touches, thus there’s a chance that you can’t manipulate it in such a way.

More than likely, we’ll have to quarry it, assuming we cannot actually break it down piece by piece, we will probably have to slowly, carefully dig it out, kind of like digging out a splinter.

Which could lead to drastic changes in the Sithilus zone.

2 Likes

Oh big freakin’ deal.

Mekkatorque eats the Pills That Let You Make a Sword-Destroying Machine and then builds a sword-destroying machine. That’s literally how deep Blizzard’s plotting goes.

They could address it if they wanted. But BfA is unpopular and they want to move on, so they have an excuse not to now.

1 Like

It felt REALLY weird.

Initially I assumed the sword had badly wounded the world soul, causing the nascent titan to bleed and cry out. She’s dying. Only you can heal her through recovering titan lore, some great magic - maybe finally revealing the power of elune who could be some sort of mother figure. Maybe we’d actually get a glimpse of a child titan - some golden child who manifests and ascends to her throne. I’d expected N’zoth so figured the blade would weaken his prison and allow him to wiggle free. Maybe?

Or… that’s what I assumed would happen in a logical world.

Instead the blood is just a resource. The two sides go to war, Queen Azshara has a sort of supervillain team up with N’zoth and Sylvanas that ends up releasing the old god who shifts off planet into his own dimension. And… you use the azurite… engine? To blast him.

Swords still in the planet, I assume Azeroth is still bleeding to death even though N’zoth is dealt with. And… now you’re like ‘peace out’ and off to explore dead world.

The story felt like the writing equivalent of that old art game. Where paper is folded and someone draws a head, another person draws the body and another the legs - without seeing what the previous artist created.

1 Like

Getting rid of the sword would actually be a pretty big positive on the BFA side, and be a good side distraction?

I’m not sure what you mean by this. The sword is linked to Legion, not BFA.

Best way to remove it would be to hollow it out from the inside and disassemble it.

How do you explain BfAs storyline to current players?

6 Likes

Same way we have the time dragons port us back and forth between time…?

As I’ve said before, largest mining operation ever. What would be funny is having the goblins mine out a portion near the ground the the rest of the colossal sword falls on Kalimdor with the hilt striking Ogrimmar and taking out Thunderbluff in the process. Goblins, “Ooooops!”

1 Like

sword ain’t -that- big. come on now. Sithilus is literally on the other side of the continent.

It’s not hurting anyone. Lets just leave it there. Maybe we can turn it into a theme park! Let’s attach a rollercoaster or a water slide to the side of it.

Maybe there will be some story to it during the Shadowlands prepatch.

It’s easy just have the void elves put it in a void portal problem solved or how about the light forged just blow it up with there giant space laser. Oh I know why we can’t do that it would prove that if the alliance wanted they could basically just get rid of the horde so then the faction war would become pointless.

Goblins. They can just blow it up like everything else they’ve ever tried to fix.

1 Like

N’zoth was the only thing large enough to remove it and he is now space dust. We will just have to wait till Legion 2.0 or Azeroth herself to remove it.

Ding ding ding!

Just get Khadgar, Jaina and all the Kirin tor mages to perform a teleportation ritual and port that sword to someplace no one would miss, like AU Draenor, right about Yrel’s dwelling.

That should do it.

We’ll contact the mages and have them polymorph it into a Godzilla-sized sheep.

Better yet, when Mekatorque is all better he’s going to make a Sword Begone Neutralizer Ray and then the sword will just disappear in a lame in game cutscene.

It will vaporize and be gone and nobody will ever talk about it ever again.

i was gonna say it’s new xmog and i remember there was a video showing it as a joke that shet was funny but i cant find the video or remember what it was. joke about big swords as mog

I don’t know about that… Detroit would be about even or lower on the list. :stuck_out_tongue:

Azeroth will probably fart it out whenever she awakens, and it will hit AU Draenor. That’s when Yrel declares war on Azeroth in the name of the Light, and Elune the Void Goddess will help us fight back. Meanwhile, the Horde will find itself amidst a civil war after dethroning the Council because someone killed a Human and Baine can’t have that ofc. Sylvanas is redeemed in Shadowlands for all her crimes because she was doing it for the greater good - thanks to her actions, Azeroth the Titan wakes up and farts the sword out, although nobody seems to realize that triggered another interplanetary war.

2 new allied races: Lightbound Orcs (Horde) and Void Gnomes (Alliance).
1 new class: Void Knights
1 new faction: Sylvanas’ Entourage (any player can choose to die and serve Sylvanas in death)
New Light/Void customization options for all races except Blood Elves (cause, you know, if you want a Void Elf the Alliance is there waiting for you - Void Elves will receive however Light customization options cause cool > lore).

The expansion ends with all three factions and Yrel’s army joining forces to fight against the Naaru after realizing they were manipulating them. The 5-sec final cinematic shows Yrel standing on Mag’har Orc corpses she herself had killed before waging war against the Naaru and yelling “AZEROTH IS FREE!”, and a crowd of Mag’har Orcs cheering for her.

World of Warcraft: Azeroth’s Flatulence

1 Like