So... there's 5th Old God?

If I remember right she refered to the other old gods as her brotheres and can’t remember who but one of them as ‘the weakest of us’… which all sounds like she’s one of them too.

Or the 5th old god is Elune… Shadow priest Tyrande as a raidboss confirmed.

I think it’s going to be something new. This is Danuser’s story now and if there’s one constant here it’s that he wants to undo the lore and story put in by Metzen and writers like Knaack.

-There are Centaurs… but not the OLD centaurs, their NEW centaurs that have nothing to do with the old ones.

-There are Gnolls… but not the OLD gnolls, their NEW gnolls that have nothing to do with the old ones.

-There are Tuskarr… but not the OLD tuskarr, their NEW tuskarr that have nothing to do with the old ones.

So I think Danuser also thought "I want to do Old Gods… but not the OLD old gods, its a NEW old god, that has nothing to do with the old old gods."

I think it’s going to be a new thing and if anything it’s probably going to only have a tertiary connection to the old ones. Best case scenario he might pull a Jailor and say “Hey, remember X? That was actually [New Old God Name Here] all along! See it links perfectly into the old lore just like Zovall!”

1 Like

The 5th old god was buried beneath Teldrassil.

Given the speculation on N’zoth this seems more likely than I care to admit.

That said the curious thing in the image from chronicle was what the things surrounding each old god were. The last was leaves and skulls, AKA life and death. I’m just hoping blizz doesn’t turn Elune into an old god at this point. But given how far the story has jumped a shark and nuked the fridge (in one expansion nonetheless) it wouldn’t surprise me even if it would be egregiously disappointing.

I think Xal’atath is the 5th Old God. In the chamber, before Yogg-saron’s boss fight, there are 5 stained glass windows depicting the Old Gods, and one of them looks just like a woman. It’s a small detail, but maybe it’s a clue.

Xal’atath also refers to the others as her ‘brothers’ on the same level. She’s not a minion.

Seeing as we are in a titan based expansion, we likely will see the final old god at some point. Likely our cliffhanger into the next expansion.

1 Like

There’s 9 total. I am the 6th and the 9th.

We already know she’s of the Pantheon of Life. So definitely not an Old God.

1 Like