So there was no #ripcord after all

At least if it does or even if doesn’t you’ll have something to keep complaining about.

anyone got the sauce for the interview/article/post where they are now saying there is no ripcord? my google-fu and quick skim of the forums and blizz news seem to have failed me.

WoW is built on RNG - im saying i know what leggo im going to be targeting day 1 and working toward it. Its not RNG out of 8 leggos that i have zero control over.

Most people ran world quests to target legiondaries from the caches sorry to inform you.

Or the hardcore would run multiple alts using this method. Nothing is truly unknown to the min/max community.

1 Like

The “pull the ripcord” idea was intended to keep people subscribed who might decide to quit based on what looked like facts about the covenant system and its drawbacks. I said at the time that Ion was just buying time until it was too late to make real changes. But realistically, by the time the game enters the alpha stage of testing, it’s already too late to tear it apart and fix the core around which an expansion is built.

Be wary of catchy phrases Ion coins and uses. Also people should be concerned about “gear will just be gear”. It says a lot less than what many people have assumed it will mean.

2 Likes

Blue post here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

1 Like

Find what one you want and where it drops and farm farm farm exactly the same as aiming for a specific trinket.

This better be balanced when I start playing it. I am not your beta tester Blizzard.

The skills better be all viable within 5% and do a equal percentage of damage in the area they where designed for.

If it sucks I’m going to demand a refund and move on, I’m done giving you passes.

3 Likes

Forcing PVE players into PVP for recipe is not good. That is my stance.

Yes, most people did run world quests to target Legiondaries drops because they were the most efficient. There was no actual percentage drop rate or targetting, it just was completion of activities since you could get them from ANYWHERE.

Like there was no set way to get Legiondaries at all.

I always interpreted Ion’s initial “pull the ripcord” quote as referring to swapping covenants themselves. Make no mistake, this tech already exists on beta.

Instead his post today refers to what the #pulltheripcord movement became which was an attempt at compromise with naysayers by untying the player power from covenants while leaving covenant theme as the “meaningful choice”.

That I can agree on.

They’re going to save it for 9.1 or 9.1.5 or whatever and make a patch out of it.

Book it.

That is not true at all. We have always made choices that come with positives and negatives. A lot less so since the end of WotLK. The original game was full of options be it talents, professions, even weapon choices. If you got that nice new raid drop but you hadn’t leveled that weapon proficiency before you were sol until you did level it. Only since sometime around Cata and MoP did we have loadouts that changed from boss to boss or content to content. Yes people could change their talents endlessly in the past but it was a little cost prohibitive for the average player. It is a shift toward a slightly older design model one which I am looking forward to. Thank you Blizzard.

You are viable in all content no matter what covenant you pick. You are not 100% optimal but you are still viable. That is what matters.

It was calculated and the best place to obtain legiondaries was the caches from world quests. That is why the hardcore ran alts doing this method.

legiondaries from raids, dungeons and BGs were far more rare in comparison.

1 Like

Maybe its a recipie that is designed for pvp, the fact you might want it for pve is beside the point.

Conflict and Strife is amazing on certain classes/specs for pve - something designed for pvp.

gotta tell the people what they want so it seems like their voice is being heard lol get played filthy customers

2 Likes

You won’t get one.

And then forcing PVP players into Castle Nathria for recipes is not good either.

2 Likes

A lot of you are starting to sound like these “streamers”… build your own opinions, read the post, and develop your own ideas.

They also said they will adjust as needed and will not allow one to be more powerful than the other, I guess grumpy didn’t say that on his stream and most just followed like sheep.

The fact they are working hard on development, given how 2020 has been for everyone, it’s a solid sign from the development team.

Yes, BFA was horrible and corruption was probably the worse idea ever. Covenants are being maintained in check and they are listening to feedback… Something they did not do with the corruption system, have some faith.