So the Sparks weekly is just going to be agony for Alliance forever

No WQ credit anymore. Crates, treasures, and rares only. Meaning- treasures only if you’re on the outnumbered side.

No WQs also means no predictable places for a group to hang out and fight to get kills, all the targets will just leave.

More like agony for Horde. It’s rare to see a crate drop where Horde isn’t vastly outnumbered.

4 Likes

More like agony for Horde. It’s rare to see a crate drop where Horde isn’t vastly outnumbered.

Yup, this has been my experience so far. The few crates I’ve gone for have been absolutely swarmed by Alliance.

It’s a bit of a shame for both sides when the numbers get imbalanced like this. Just googling faction population (not sure how good the source data is), it looks like Horde is still slightly more popular overall, which makes it even more odd that PvP is so heavily skewed Alliance.

1 Like

I agree. I got most of my sparks from collecting war crates (they drop more frequently now) and several treasures.

Im on Sareras and thought Ally were the main PVP but they all chicken out once 2-4 horde show up even if we have numbers. Sad…

2 Likes

Yeah those websites aren’t the best to get a gauge for faction population. War Mode population can be guaged by just looking at the Enlistment bonus though. The baseline percentage for increased rewards is 10% for having War Mode enabled. The outnumbered faction will get that percentage increased depending on how outnumbered they are (going up in increments of 5%)

Horde at the moment has a 15% increased War Mode bonus while Alliance has the baseline 10%. When the bonus gets to 20% or more, the outnumbered faction will receive the Against Overwhelming Odds kill quest which is just additional honor/conq in War Mode.

I’d say it’s still a matter of the racials though. Most of the top PvP players play night elf because Shadow Meld is just that OP, same with many of the high i.o mythic+ teams (most of the teams in MDI were Night Elf for meld skips)

Not going by faction numbers, since not all will even have WM on so those numbers are meaningless.

It’s about who’s comfortable just casually leaving it on all the time, safe in their advantage. When it’s time to summon an M+ group, the ones who are phased out are always horde.

Huh? It’s going to be all bloody tokens. Boosts wPvP imo.

1 Like

You can literally avoid PvP and get the sparks quickly by just doing snuffling. If you don’t know what snuffling is that are the purple piles of dirt on the ground that give you old globs of wax to turn into the vendor. These piles are basically mini-unique chest/quest and in some areas are all over.

Since I use snuffling to farm gold and with higher renown it’s more beneficial for materials and items. When I turned Warmode on it was a pleasant surprise I was getting these so fast. Maybe 20-30 mins solo farming like I normally do got me the 100 sparks.