So the new world of warcraft folder is almost 90gb in size

and i thought 30 or 4ogb were too much

Baldur’s Gate 3 is 145GB with no legacy of past expansions to worry about.

For the first time in decades, I actually have to worry (a little) about running out of hard drive space after making a tiny mistake of buying a system that’s almost impossible to upgrade. But WoW isn’t going to have to worry, its parking spot on my hard drive is reserved.

1 Like

I know Red Dead Redemption 2 was 112GB in size when that was released to PC.

I don’t.

Though I need to uninstall a few unwanted steam games and do a disk clean up eventually.

Good thing its not 2010 and 90gb is no big deal.

4 Likes

Only 1 drive? Rookie.

I have 2 2TB External Hard Drives, but they aren’t connected due to needing to free up a power socket for a heater.

I’ve got 6 internal drives in my desktop.

My current wow folder is around 180GB, yea I’m playing multiple versions but still^^

You need to stop saving all those cat videos.

5 Likes

If your wow/data/indices folder is over ~10 GB in size, delete it, then do a scan and repair on all clients.

Doing that cut mine from 35 GB down to 7.

1 Like

there’s probably a couple logs in there that bloat it too.

1 Like

Gotta have room for a lot of AAA games.

Although, I think one of the drives is starting to die, so I should migrate it to a new one.

Yeah, that’s the other thing. I’ve had up to 30 GB in combat logs before getting raiderio to manage it.

So, delete this folder?

1 Like

The other day i had to decide between work related software or WoW beta.
I should probably upgrade my SSD.

It’s too little for current standards.
Buy a bigger drive.

Yep, the run a scan/repair on all clients you want to play.

What I think is going on is that this folder gets new stuff written to it every time you patch the game or install/delete a different client (classic, PTR/beta), but it doesn’t delete stuff that’s no longer being used.

Wow thats smaller then so many games nowadays what’s your point exactly?

yup.
I have four 1TB drives in this rig and two 1TB externals, lol

Ugh, sounds like too much work. I might actually do it during maintenance tomorrow. Since won’t be able to play at all during the downtime.

Doing it before you install the patch might help, since I think the patch process is part of why it keeps getting bigger.