So the alliance gets a Horde race?

I’m still salty about it. Makes no sense.

Not that I’m against them having monks, but them having it over Warlock miffs me.

3 Likes

Monks actually make more sense for trolls than it does most other races.

Most troll monks can be seen as Troll Primalist for their multiple loa who’ve existed since vanilla

The problem comes from the playable monks class being strictly tied to the Pandaren culture vs. the races culture.

Which I also hate.

1 Like

They don’t put those limits on them for gameplay reasons. But they have established that void doesn’t respond well to fel or light in lore.

Ehh you can’t really take classes at a face value like that though.

All void elf warlocks are shadow mages.

All gnome priest are medics.

You could see all troll monks as troll Primalist

What? They had warlocks before they went through the change. They’re probably just warlocks.

If anything the Mages are Shadow Mages.

I meant to say all void elf priest are shadow mages

Why… wouldn’t they just be Shadow Priests?

Like I get that Void elf likely using some void magic in their regular classes like mage, and even warriors as we see the Riftblades having some void effects on their weapons, but like…

Shadow Priests are just a thing that don’t need a modification really.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree, but Monk is a special case where they utilize the Pandaren as the specific trainers for the class.

Draenei Wakener lore extension Blizzard pls~~~

2 Likes
  1. It’s silly to be upset over something like this when the Alliance should have by all rights been the ones to get them in the first place. This is a partial, band-aid to that historical wrong-doing.

2. They’re not a “Horde race” you have no monopoly on them. High Elves have long been part of the Alliance and have been present among Alliance military forces prominently since BC/Wrath in the form of the Silver Covenant. That’s not new lore. Not a retcon. Not a lazy invented race. That’s old, Warcraft RTS lore carried over into the game. DEAL.

3. I think whining threads like this prove that the only way forward is to abolish the factions. I really do think people should have the ability to play the race they want with others of their choosing who also have the ability to play the races they want. I think it’s time for an end to the war between the Alliance and Horde. Sadly I also think the current writers and devs are utterly incapable of handing this smoothly as they’ve shown themselves to be thoroughly incompetent in all areas.

4. As part of that I think Blizzard should merge all characters of blood elf and void elf into the new base “High Elf” race from which you can choose in the barber shop to appear as either “High Elf”, “Blood Elf”, “Void Elf” as your character race and which will lock you to a certain set of appearance options. Those who choose void elves can be stuck with the ugly void ones. Those who choose high/blood elf can have all the other options including eye colors aside from purple among all of them.

5. Let’s face it. Allied races were a bad idea. They were a way for Blizzard to half-finish races without any of the work on lore, quests, starter areas, etc which has made many of them (void elves, vulpera chief among them) absolute joke races in terms of having no real background or lore and no real purpose in the game. Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei at least have backgrounds, purpose for being in the stories, rich lore, etc.

However I no longer care. This game is only crashing further downhill and removal of the current factions (though necessary and absolutely a good idea) is unlikely to be able to correct the fact they have bad writers, bad systems designers and a bad attitude towards the players that comes with a lot of hubris that disallows them to improve themselves. Many things are holding them back, however they don’t have the creative wherewithal or the honesty to actually move beyond them in a way players enjoy.

4 Likes

Absolutely ,not it’s either a forsaken undead or not. Geesh with that you might as well have humans on the Horde side .

Draenei Warlocks are high on my list of dreams. lol

2 Likes

How long have you been a mage? That is totally false,it’s fire or it wouldn’t be called that but that argument is for another time and place.

i agree about void elves looking like an easter egg, but saying high elves arent a playable horde race is like saying azeroth is flat

1 Like

Okay night elves should have been Horde originally, the warcraft 3 version had them a lot more primal and then world of warcraft prettied them up to be an alliance race.

They’ve never been apart of the Alliance
… with this logic Arthas has been apart of the Alliance

1 Like

No, they shouldn’t have joined anyone and should have instead killed folks on sight that entered their forests.

2 Likes

agreed. night elves should have been hostile to both factions

1 Like

Forsaken are humans. So are worgen, kul tiran, the normal humans. Kul tiran took the undead theme already with druid forms. And human dks already took the undead theme too without the crippled zombie look.

I agree. And Blood Elves should’ve never been given to the Horde too.

4 Likes

1 Like