So the AH npc from the Bronto is staying

I’m not arguing with that, just pointing out that they have to ruin the request by trolling. Now anyone that makes that request will just be associated with the trolls.

They weren’t going to give you a recolor of that anyway. They stated for the spider mount they would be trying to keep those originals and since the AH mount cost a lot more the same would apply.

Things change. The yak is still available while the brutosaur won’t be.

There is no reason the next mount collector achievement couldn’t have a recolor with no AH.

Yak was 100k gold not 5 million. And yes there is a huge reason they shouldn’t give recolors of this, because some of the people who are buying it aren’t buying it for the ah function but for the original and unique look.

They only told you it was staying. They still might plan to remove it.

1 Like

That’s debatable and quite subjective.

I also don’t subscribe to the school of FOMO artificial scarcity. That mobile phone idea can DIAF.

1 Like

No artifical scarcity involved. As many people can buy it for the next 9-12 months as want to.

And after that it will be gone.

Do you not know what artificial scarcity means?

2 Likes

Do you ? It isn’t going to be gone. Everyone who wants it will buy it in BfA and if it comes up from time to time on the BMAH later you won’t have all the people with gold bidding against you.

Do you seriously think it won’t go to gold cap every time it appears? Because it’s going to. Especially if they intend to turn the inflation back on next expansion.

And it is 100% artificial scarcity. They are removing something desirable for no other reason than because they want it to still be desirable. When they took those store mounts off the store last year it was the exact same situation. The only reason to remove these is to get people to commit to buying them before they go away with the reasoning that they won’t be able to get them later. And oh by the way you can get it by giving them an obscene amount of money.

This is exploitative game design. I don’t understand how you can’t see that.

4 Likes

I think you are the one that doesnt understand, its already a really expensive mount (and god know how much it will cost in BMAH) but now only one single person will be able to buy it when its available, which like most stuff is really low chance

They are creating false scarcity by removing from the vendors since later on it will be considerably harder to get, so its basically, get it now or good luck later.

And of course the fastest way to get it is by buying tokens

3 Likes

lol, no that isn’t the only way you can get it. The people who this mount was intended for - people who work at making gold over a long term - bought it or will buy it with gold.

I am guessing you aren’t the target market so maybe the only way YOU can get it is buying it with real money.

Because it isn’t. This is a luxury item and there is absolutely no need for you to have this. You have managed to play just fine without it and you will continue to do so.

Such was the case for the Mammoth, the Yak and the Spider

Yet they havent been removed, give a reason why the Bronto which is exactly the same is getting removed outside that its just pure greediness from Blizzard

Sure, and I never really intended to get it anyways unless inflation seriously spiraled in the future because 5m is a stupid price tag.

But I’m a reasonable person and therefore not the target of this. The target is whales, people with more money than sense, that are absolutely going to shell out for this. It’s already happening, there’s people posting in this very forum who have posted about how they went ham on tokens and panic bought the brutosaur.

Meh, I have alts that park in the AH, if I need access, I have any time i need it. Never saw the allure for the mount, personally, I think it’s horrendous looking.

people only bought it for the AH npc tbh. only serious mount collectors will care to have it regardless and trust me there are NOT that many serious mount collectors in the game anymore. im talking people that have some extremely hard to obtain mounts that are literally no longer obtainable at all because it was removed entirely from the game not including reskins.

i think they want to remove it and move it into BMAH strictly because they are too lazy to design a new gold sink mount with an AH on it. it will cost more obviously as they always do but why would you pay $10 for a shadowlands gold sink mount when you can pay $8 for the BfA one? only difference is looks. all gold sink mounts are ground mounts strictly so unless the shadowlands one can fly as well then really no huge deal.

the dollar signs are generic were talking gold value and or dollar amounts depending how purchase it.

i mean either way i look at it if you wanted the mount you would of worked towards the gold by the time it is removed so people shouldn’t be complaining about it being removed. LOTS of ways to make money as a casual player and lots of time since it was released.

i just personally don’t see a reason why they are putting it into the BMAH instead of just removing it as a whole where the other gold sink mounts are still purchasable as well. that is what im confused about

They actually explained their rational in that post today. Here you go, you probably won’t like it but at least you can’t say they didn’t give their rational.

I read that before, i dont buy it, its still stupid to remove the mount and its pure greediness

I told you you wouldn’t like it. Blame classic, I imagine in Shadowlands they will have to make gold rain down again.

Not every change to the game is “greedy”. It’s getting old to hear people say every change they don’t like is due to greed.

-Please note I disagree with Blizzard removing the mount from the vendor.

1 Like