So since we're giving people pathfinders for free

Not to sound too puffed-up about it, but I actually did see this coming. I assumed when Draenor Pathfinder went live that they’d maintain the Pathfinder requirement for flight until two expansions had passed.

I did expect them to do it on a progressive basis and not all at once though, so I guess they got me on that one.

I thought this was what they were doing? Just decoupling flight from the achievement. Is it not? Are they making it a Feat of Strength or something?

1 Like

I thought this was what they were doing? Just decoupling flight from the achievement. Is it not? Are they making it a Feat of Strength or something?

Who knows, you can still build mage tower but can’t actually use it how it was intended lol, I could see them removing the mount altogether

Did. Just think it’s kind of a silly thing for op to be upset about.

Granted I am tired so there’s that

You have to complete the part 1 cheevos for both to get the mount and speed boost for broken isles . You just don’t need it to fly .

Geeze it’s like people don’t know how to read.

1 Like

Bruh, so because people are getting something you had to work for. You want to get what others had to work for in exchange…

I went ahead and checked to be sure.

The achievements will remain in place as before, and Draenor Pathfinder will still be the way to earn the Soaring Skyterror mount, while Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One will continue to reward increased mount speed in the Broken Isles.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-notes-april-16/490669/8

1 Like

They are doing this.

1 Like

“They” knows, because that’s exactly what they posted.

“The achievement and rewards will stay if you do Pathfinder, but it will no longer be necessary for flying”.

Come back on a main and try again, don’t hide behind a level 17 alt on the containment server

He’s not upset about it he’s using it as justification to get challenge modes lol

LOL

This is neither a valid argument nor a valid dismissal of an argument.

2 Likes

Which is silly and clearly shows they’re just trying to manipulate events that will not happen.

1 Like

Seconded, +1ed, and so on.

1 Like

So why shouldn’t they be re-implemented, can you convince me? Going to ignore that manipulation comment, if thats how you feel me arguing isn’t going to change that.

I’m not real worried about them removing the pathfinder for those xpacs because in all honesty they are old content that most probably won’t do anyway.

But I agree I’d like to see some of the old content return. For instance they legendary quests, if you didn’t do them when they were current then do that zone (whether newer player or alt) your missing a chunk of content so why not put it back? I mean its not like the cloak is any use at this point other than a transmog option so why not? It would also solve that nasty little issue of not being able to do all of the Timeless Isle (I forget the guys name but you need the cloak to get to him). I mean more content is always a good thing so why not open some old stuff back up and allow people to get older items.

And for context, I’ve ground out every freakin’ pathfinder since it was established so yeah, that’s a lot of time I’ve put in to open flying, to unlock races, etc. but who cares if they removed those conditions for things when its pretty old content at this point? Certainly not me.

2 Likes

Its not at all

Oh it’s fine. Guy just wants limited time challenge mode stuff like many others. Just wishes to dismiss people when he doesn’t like what they say. However if it was a topic where my skill mattered I’d be happy to oblige and get on my main. But it’s not so :woman_shrugging:

I definitely understand that sentiment, but I agree with you that this particular occasion would not be in any way appropriate for that decision, were it to be made.

1 Like

I mean more content is always a good thing so why not open some old stuff back up and allow people to get older items

Because the “Super Special Club of Super Special Guys” that have [insert old content here] will get extraordinarily bent out of shape about it, why else?

A great example is when the worlds leauge of legends skin for Riven was reintroduced, all of the original owners pissed themselves until Riot was like “Ok jesus, here, have an exclusive tint of the skin.” That was awhile back, and I don’t even play league anymore, but a month after it happened, nobody cared about it. The exact same thing would happen in wow, problem is wow players are a lot more loud and annoying.

Guy just wants limited time challenge mode s-

Potential Example A but can’t tell because he’s altposting

1 Like