So since we're giving people pathfinders for free

Its not at all

Oh it’s fine. Guy just wants limited time challenge mode stuff like many others. Just wishes to dismiss people when he doesn’t like what they say. However if it was a topic where my skill mattered I’d be happy to oblige and get on my main. But it’s not so :woman_shrugging:

I definitely understand that sentiment, but I agree with you that this particular occasion would not be in any way appropriate for that decision, were it to be made.

1 Like

I mean more content is always a good thing so why not open some old stuff back up and allow people to get older items

Because the “Super Special Club of Super Special Guys” that have [insert old content here] will get extraordinarily bent out of shape about it, why else?

A great example is when the worlds leauge of legends skin for Riven was reintroduced, all of the original owners pissed themselves until Riot was like “Ok jesus, here, have an exclusive tint of the skin.” That was awhile back, and I don’t even play league anymore, but a month after it happened, nobody cared about it. The exact same thing would happen in wow, problem is wow players are a lot more loud and annoying.

Guy just wants limited time challenge mode s-

Potential Example A but can’t tell because he’s altposting

1 Like

all of you saying the same thing… You grinded the rep to have early access to flying in those zones for a few years. That’s all. Now its free.

It’s because content like Mage tower when it was released was quite difficult, So bringing those appearances back would devalue the prestige of those rewards

but I agree with you that this particular occasion would not be in any way appropriate for that decision, were it to be made.

I’m interested in hearing why exactly you feel this why, bar “Because it was exclusive”, Blizzard has added previously ‘exclusive’ things into the game before, so why are these special?

Err, no. It has nothing to do with the posting character. That shade you’re throwing isn’t going to work.

Regardless of your intent, your post reads like the primary driving intent was to gain access to limited-time rewards you want.

To answer this:

The rewards in question are not simply you-had-to-be-there rewards. They also required an above-average degree of skill while they were current, which is why so few people have them in the first place. I don’t see a problem with bringing back stuff like Naxx models because the way raids were structured at the time meant that under 5% of the game’s players ever saw the raid at all, much less completed it. I view that more as missed opportunity than as time-gating being overactive.

With the challenge mode stuff, that was a reward for skill which had a very low accessibility floor. Anyone who wanted to could challenge the Mage Tower, and anyone who wanted to could do Challenge Modes.

The difference there is in accessibility. I don’t think we need a return opportunity for rewards which were highly accessible when they were available, while rewards which were not very accessible are easier to justify.

Ok, fair enough, thats what I was looking for. I only have mage tower on the characters I cared about, being my Druid and my Windwalker, but idk, I guess I just feel differently, never felt like they were prestigious. However, I definitely understand why people feel that way.

I still hold hope they will reintroduce them for people that weren’t around, but that’s probably the best argument against it that I’ve seen.

I’d like them to bring back all the removed old challenge content if they can make it appropriately tuned.

Only way I could see them doing this is giving you a Templated character that plays like it was back when it was current though. (I’d be totally down for that though, It’d just be a lot of work. I would probably end up doing the MoP C.Modes for fun if it happen though, just to play the classes from that era.)

I don’t think we need a return opportunity for rewards which were highly accessible when they were available, while rewards which were not very accessible are easier to justify.

I can understand where your coming from, and I respect your view, but I completely disagree. I think the majority of content removal is bad no matter how you try to spin it, and I see the opposite as an opportunity to excite more vigor for the game for a large number of players.

However, different viewpoints is what makes the world go 'round, and while I disagree with you, I’m glad we could find some common ground in regards to Naxxramas.