So Season 4 is

Probably.

They will call it Warcraft: Memories.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if we saw any new World Races or any form of seriously heavy raiding done. They’ve already said S4 won’t have a new Hall of Fame, and they’re likely to close up SotFO Cutting Edge achievements when S4 drops.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if they also take LFR up to current standards of gear and drops to level off the three raid tiers.

Part of the issue is that we don’t really know enough yet to make a judgment either way.

1 Like

Why are you making things up? You have no clue what percentage of players do mythic+/raid. You’re just saying things to make your argument make sense.

2 Likes

finally getting rid of LFR? please!

Did… Did you even read what I said?

You failed to read the part where this is going to possibly be what seasons are like moving forward. Which means they’re possibly not working on ANY content, they’re just going to slap affixes on everything and call it a new patch.

(Edited because dumb me missed two very important words in there while typing too fast. Sorry!)

1 Like

It’s not far off the mark since we don’t know those numbers in either case.

Either way it does seem odd that years ago they posted sub numbers but these days :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t give a damn about the world races. I care about the other 99% of Mythic raiding guilds.

Season 4 is going to destroy a large number of them. People either aren’t going to want to do the 3 raids they just did all over again, and/or they aren’t going to want to do a 31-boss raid tier.

1 Like

What does the overall sub numbers have to do with what percent of players do mythic+/raids? They had dungeons and raids back when they used to post those numbers as well. End game content has always been a part of this game.

How is it not far off the mark when you’re literally admitting you don’t know? Lmao

1 Like

I’m not a wiz at math but I know there wouldn’t be enough of them to run this game on a profit.

If you’re coming in here asking for data when none of us have any then how did you expect us not to go in circles about having it? Do you have any percentage data?

As opposed to the normal content droughts of Mythic content with nothing to do?

:thinking:

Or guilds will do what they usually do, go into low-energy reclear mode. Ultimately, this is a way to cover the drought by making the two prior tiers relevant again. It’s not a huge deal.

“A fresh take on what a season of WoW might include” =/= “Putting out one actual drop of content and then affixing it for two years”.

They’re testing ideas for seasons. Retuning old stuff people wanna see and do again for current seasons is something people have asked for for years.

1 Like

Mythic guilds do fine during “content droughts”. Hump bosses like Painsmith are a much bigger danger.

Again, I’m not exactly seeing the issue. Mythic guilds cycle players, people move to go faster or slower, people move to play with people they like more, etc., with or without a content drought. If people don’t want to do Mythic they’ll just not do it. Nobody’s holding a gun to their head making them do the tier. They’re paying to play a game, presumably for fun.

A guild that stops raiding is a guild that dies. A lot of guilds are not going to want to re-do the same 3 tiers we all just did. So they’ll stop raiding, and die, and then there won’t be nearly as many guilds next expansion.

Long-term, stable guilds are not only important, they’re irreplaceable.

4 Likes

you want only 3 difficulties.

and since LFR is most hated…

They can decide that for themselves. Guilds that break up will have some people hang around to do other crap, or some people take a break until 10.0. Some of those people will go find or start other groups.

Your entire point hinges upon everybody in a guild either staying or quitting. Mythic guilds die every other day, for whatever reason.

If you’re in an actual long-term stable guild, your guild will have a discussion about whether they’re going to continue or what not. :woman_shrugging:

No?

Level off the three raid tiers as in, y’know. Bringing Nathria and Sanctum up to Sepulcher gear and stuff.

Oh, sure, there are tons of fly-by-night guilds that start up every tier and are dead 6 weeks later. You think those are good for the game?

I’m sorry, are you trying to tell me a “stable, long-term” guild will be incapable of having a discussion with their members?

It absolutely could. Things they’ve “tried out” have stuck around before.

It’s negating Timewalking and people have never asked for same tier raids to be retuned.

If you don’t think this is a step towards cheap rehashed content so they don’t have to make new stuff… then I have a bridge to sell you.

Read post 49, please.