So People Want The Water Strider To Be Restricted?

No they don’t. We already had a blue say they were monitoring it and don’t see it as a problem

Mount equipment per mount and account wide when?

I am downloading the PTR right now for the record to go see if the barding works on Mechagon. Goblin gliders are still there, I dunno about water walking pots and if they will work, but I will be sure to transfer a character with those pots and check.

The issue is that even if they leave stuff alone for right now, I honestly am worried about the next expansion. Why on Azeroth would they add these equipment items and then add craftables that will override them? It simply doesn’t make sense. If they didn’t care then why not let us have equipment for all 3 at once?

2 Likes

That would actually be awesome and give players too much control, so it will never happen.

1 Like

Curses! Blizzards weakness :disappointed_relieved:

One of many concerns. It would have made more sense to create a current water walking potion with a 2 hour duration, like the barding and stirrups, rather than this single-slot mount equipment, if they really just wanted to give players cosmetic choice in their mounts.

A water strider that can’t stride across water… modern WoW in a nutshell.

3 Likes

As far as mounts go, they should. Could you imagine if they introduced a mount that goes 10% faster than all the other mounts? Literally nobody would use anything else. I think that’s good, mounts SHOULD all be the same aside from flying & ground as far as actual advantages go.

And now it will be done to get water walking for all mounts, problem? Water walkers still get to be special.

Perfect, use the water walking mount equipment. You can now use your waterstrider for that same purpose and your moterbike for driving on land.

All the advantages from mount equipment are already available in the game, though. They’re not game breaking or anything. None of them give you +10% mount speed. Nobodies forcing you to use them.

So literally what Blizzards trying to get away from with this change, making it so you don’t have to have a mount for water walking or a mount for less fall damage etc. and allowing people to use whatever mounts they want. Forcing the waterstrider to ONLY have water walking ruins the mount for other people. What about the people who want their water strider to not be dazed? They won’t get that option because…? Stubborn people think it should be forced to ONLY have water walking equipment? That’s dumb.

Finally, something that actually makes sense. I’d agree with this 100%

I don’t see the point in limiting the mounts abilities. If anything that would make it less of an incentive to even get.

So you’d rather have only one water walking mount in the game vs. allowing any of your mounts to be able to water walk? I don’t understand the logic there. Nobodies forcing you to change gear. I think people are over reacting. It’s not like they’re adding in and building the world around mount gear and going to force people to change from area to area.

I dunno, but I think that’s a heck of a lot better question / suggestion than “waterstrider should be FORCED to ONLY have water walking!”

You were never forced to use the water strider for water walking. Every, yes every mount in this game could always walk on water. You just had to use water walking potions. Which is all we used before MoP, then blizzard gave us the opportunity to earn a mount that could walk on water, so we would not have to carry potions with us all the time. WE are now taking that step back to having to carry something with us again so we can make all our mounts do 1 of 3 things, And will cost us to switch every time.

4 Likes

And there’s the kicker. Fill your bag up with potions so you can walk on water OR just use a mount that has it indefinitely…what a HARD choice to make. :roll_eyes:

Things that you already pointed out, aren’t necessary or can be done by other means. Problem?

I have never been to BFA and probably never will, my friends I was playing with have quit and all that’s left is a mogger at low levels. I hit Argus long after BFA started, with a friend who hadn’t left quite yet, but now that he’s gone I have no desire to visit a zone I can’t even fly in and has enemies every few feet. I might visit BFA alone once flying is possible, but that’s only a maybe.

1 Like

And now we can fill our bags with items to either waterwalk, no-daze, or slowfall! Expensive items. This is better?

1 Like

Already stocking up on them, i just hope Blizzard does not remove them from the game to force us to use this new system.

1 Like

You must be new here to believe everything you see in Blue text.

Of course the Sky Golem isn’t a problem because it doesn’t allow players to bypass content.

Flying past mobs bypasses content.

Running across the bay in Boralas instead of around the entire zone bypasses tons of “content”.

But to my initial point: Blizzard said “flying is coming via an epic quest chain”, then “it’s coming in a patch”, then “it’s coming in the next patch”.

All before announcing via an obscure website interview late on a Friday on Memorial Day weekend that “there would be no more flying in current content ever.”

2 Likes

What I’m getting from this… “I barely play this game at all and don’t even have a max level character, but my opinion on how the game should work is completely valid!”

Get what you want. All of Blizzard’s nerfs are landing squarely on me and my limited time to play and the benefits, such as they are, will be going to Blizzard’s preferred customers. My money isn’t as good as theirs, and they won’t have it. I didn’t buy the piggie though I wanted it, and I’ll buy no more mounts or pets from the store. My gametime ends in less than three weeks and I have no drive to play more than the free to 20.

You realize that there are 7 expansions worth of content predating BFA right?

2 Likes

Actually, I’d want people to be able to choose which mount they want with each ability. Keeping water walking on the strider, for me, would just free up the ability to go without that gear unless I want another mount to have water walking.

not so fast, on my hunter I do the same but since she can be dazed I’d want anti-daze gear on her mounts, I then know I have to cross water instead of “oh, I’ll just switch to strider” it is “oh, I have to change gear to allow water walking and then change back once I am back on land”,

2 Likes

Yup, which you can go through in what…a week? Or was that leveling nerf still not enough? Even a new player can get to max in less than a month.

Not in the time I have to play. Then there’s nerfs like these, when I find posting on the forums to be more fun than the game that’s held me in thrall for over a decade.