So People Want The Water Strider To Be Restricted?

I am just curious when the typical responses like, "well you guys said you wanted vanilla so they took away gliders and parachutes so you could experience your vanilla corpse runs! hur hur " are going to start popping up.

2 Likes

No, by all means, give constructive criticism, moan, complain, whine, whatever connotation you want to put to feedback. I never said not to do that, I only said that all it will result in is that you managed to complain. However, do not argue with someone else that is merely stating facts. That arguing with me is not giving feedback at all.

The ONLY feedback that you and others can give- and this is why I can still fly in WoW at all- is by unsubbing. It was not the forums that caused WoD to bomb. It was players removing their money from Blizzard coffers. My point is that if you do not like something, and you are passionate about it, then you will remove your funding of said thing.

I knew a woman that became vegan. After watching some videos, she decided she could not condone paying for animals to be slaughtered and such, and good for her, I still eat steak, but she refused to pay money into a system she hated. Same goes with movies, books, and more- if people actually care about something, they pull their money away from what they do not like and spend it on things they do like. Again, logical here.

When Ion gave that interview, if you recall, within 10 days they did a total about face, because people like me cancelled our subs the moment we saw no flying. I ONLY play when I can fly. Expansion comes out, I log in, get everything for pathfinder, and then I stop playing for months until they release flying. Though I wanted a Zandalari, so I made an exception, and that is because I wanted it. It was worth it to pay again to have to me, and goes right in line with what I am saying.

If you folks want to do away with this system, you would need to all cancel subs. But, since no about face is being made by the dev’s, it tells me that there was not a mass exodus like “no flying” created. So, go ahead and give feedback, but just because someone explains the reasoning for something or tells you how the system will work, or points out how you would be clearly removing someone else’s freedom while claiming your own has been stolen, don’t argue with him.

Yeah. So… “Everyone should be forced to use water walking mount equipment but since I got this mount I should be special and have the ability to have water walking without having to change mount equipment for all my mounts to have water walking”

Literally the opposite reason why Blizzard is making this change. They don’t want people to feel forced to get the water walking mount and I agree with them. The grind is lame.

I do see the forums as a way of getting information. Here was where I first heard about losing my water strider, before the news even reached the PTR. Here is where I saw reports from people who tested the new system when it reached the PTR, indicating that our worst fears for the nerf were indeed coming true. We lose what we’ve bought and have to buy back an inferior version of what we currently enjoy.

Here is also where I’ve seen storms of protest go ignored, like the portals (and classes, and pets, and so many others). So many have canceled subscriptions (does it get counted at all, when I buy gametime?) that Blizzard no longer tracks subscriptions, but tracks what the players it currently has are doing and then every change so far has been to exert more and more control over what those players are doing. Is it so strange that we are projecting ahead what else they might do to increase their control over our gametime?

These devs don’t care about sub cancelings because those aren’t the metrics they are using anymore.

2 Likes

It is a great change, though. Why should people be forced to do a boring rep grind to get water walking for ONE mount? Also, this allows the water strider to have water walking if you want it to, or various other cool perks.

This is no different than there being a boring rep grind for a mount that goes 10% faster and people complaining when Blizzard makes all mounts go 10% faster with a piece of equipment. You’re mad because you can’t have a water walking mount AND mount equipment of other types for the rest of your mounts?

That’s literally why Blizzard is implementing this change. People shouldn’t be forced to do a boring grind to have one water walking mount. Do another boring grind to have this advantage on this mount and be forced to use all these different mounts for different things. They’re making it so all mounts can do the same thing, which is great.

At a cost of over 1000 gold every time they change to something other than water walking, then need to change it back to make their strider work again.

It seems daze has just been buffed and lots of places in new areas will cause falling damage if you don’t use a parachute. So people will feel a need to change equipments frequently, causing a constant need for gold. Inevitably this is going to up the number of tokens bought to obtain that gold.

If you don’t see that selling tokens is the real motive for this system, don’t worry - unless you’re incredibly dense you’ll eventually come to see it.

2 Likes

You still have to have the Anglers rep to buy the water walking, so the lame rep grind is still required.

4 Likes

Well, it’s one reason. The reason that is obvious to me is that folks whose favorite mount in the world IS the strider may want it to have other options as well. Right now they may want the anti daze or parachuting on the strider, but eventually my ideas of:

Double jump while mounted/higher jumping. (Demon Hunter)
Sprint on mount (Rogue)
Blink (Mage)
Heroic Leap (Warrior)
Charge (Warrior)
Levitate (Priest)
Water Breathing (Warlock)
Fast Swim (Druid)
Grapple hook (Outlaw)
Faster base speed (Paladin/DK)

Might end up in the game too, and then they’d have even more choices on the strider. But, I think Blizzard logic is that this way folks that want it to still walk on water will choose the boots, and others that want the strider to float or not be dazed can choose those for their mount, instead.

1 Like

You’ve stretched the word "attack’ to mean “speak”.

1 Like

No! You’ve never had allied™ water walking before. We’ve got to earn the water’s trust before it’ll let us walk on it again. You’ll feel so accomplished and satisfied after a tedious time-gated world quest humping trickle grind to walk on water you’ll want to send Ion cookies after.

2 Likes

Yep, you seem to be struggling.

1 Like

Yeah, I just started it to see how long it would take. MoP timewalking is coming around April 30th, and you can get to exalted in one day with that, but I wanted to see how long it would take going from neutral to exalted at lvl 120, so I went out there when all this was announced, and I hit revered yesterday. Play time is about 80 total mins. So a bit over an hour.

Now I bought that commendation thing we get at revered that increases all rep gain by 100%, right? Well that’s 3000 rep per day now. So, that means it will take at most 7 days to finish revered. That means from start to finish you can get it in 2 hours total played time doing the dailies, or just one day during the MoP timewlaking OR just mix and match the two. EASY mount to get compared to so many others before it. 21 days or only 1 day depending on method to obtain.

Free? no. we grinded our asses off to have a mount that could walk on water, stop spitting in the faces of those who stuck it out threw MoP and WoD, to act like everyone deserves what they have with no effort is just dumb. might as well give people who complete LFR a cutting edge.

See above, grinding is not the word to use and no asses were off.

I can understand where they’re coming from. They will have a constant water walker, and can switch out the other equipments and not be switching all the dang time and wasting money.

1 Like

then what is the word “t” use?

It’s not even live yet, though. Remember when people cried and complained about heirlooms being too expensive? Then when they went live they were a fraction of the price?

So use goblin gliders? People have been doing that before and they can do it after, too…

There’s a profession that makes something so you don’t get dazed if you’re THAT worried about it. They’re dirt cheap, from leatherworking.

I see it as people complaining about things before they’re even live and final, like usual. :man_shrugging:

You two sweethearts really need to talk to each other.

2 Likes

So much of this back and forth heel dragging nonsense could have been avoided if you would just leave the striders alone and make them not capable of benefiting from equipment. This allowing those that earned the mount to still use it and for everyone else to get their equipment.

But ya see, the whole purpose is to nerf the strider so here we are.

2 Likes