So People are getting silenced for using Rare Share Addons

Did they, though?

Did they really?

Or is this just another whispered myth like “people wanted flying removed”?

6 Likes

They did repeatedly. Well unless you consider posters on this forum - blizzard plants. I guess there is always that conspiracy type of theory.

1 Like

And who is “they”?

1 Like

People that aren’t you.

1 Like

However, one could argue that it is pertinent chat for /1

There are are a lot of people that respond to those announcements.

I know if I see one of the 5 rares I am missing in Mechagon, I am dropping whatever it is I am doing, event to the detriment of a guild member I might be in party with and bolting it over there to try to get the kill.

I think what this ultimately boils down to is the following. And this is not directed at the person I quoted btw, the comment is just what sparked the thought.

Is the announcement of rares via the /1 acceptable or not as chat? If I manually type it out with coordinates, is that acceptable as chat. If the addon announces it would that be acceptable as chat.

How do we define chat in the channel? I ask this because I see a lot of people complain about sell runs in trade. Trade chat blah blah can’t sell my goods as it is flooded with yadda yadda etc. Time and time again, however, I see the defense, even by blues in the CS forum, that selling a run is indeed trade. You are trading your services for X gold. So the flat out advertising in trade fits within the guidelines.

What fits within the guidelines of /1 chat? Once again why is me asking if any alli are around for Call to Arms acceptable? Or me manually typing rare name and coordinates? But an addon doing the same as my second example would not be?

I think this, fundamentally, is the root of the discussion, not whether anyone wants to see it or not.

I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

that isn’t chat though - a person isn’t chatting, that is addon spam.

If you type it out it is chat because you wouldn’t be typing - rustfeather up when 4 other messages were posted within the previous 5 seconds saying the same thing.

1 Like

If there weren’t a few people posting that they support the squelching, I wouldn’t have believed this. This is one of those things that feels essential to how the zone works (and I say that as someone who doesn’t use add-ons)

3 Likes

I see your point. I don’t necessarily agree though that it is spam, but I completely see your point and see how others would be annoyed by it and consider it spam.

What other magical uses do you people have for mechagon general chat that the addons hinder? 99% of general is used to call out rares, the addon just makes it easier considering it adds coordinates and current health too.

If you need your chat box for something, move general chat to a new tab, such a non issue.

4 Likes

I have never reported someone for this, but I have put over 3 people on ignore for using that addon.

2 Likes

And we still don’t know how all of that works. We assume. And people are also dramatic and will rant to people about things, trying to make it a big deal, while trying to make themselves look innocent.

I play on two high pop servers and one low pop. I have never heard of anyone getting silenced for a rare addon. And if they think that’s why, it’s probably not the whole story.

The addons are fine. They would’ve simply broken them if they weren’t. It doesn’t do anything against game policy.

Yes it is.

And I doubt we have the whole story.

And people show up at different times on that island. So someone could’ve landed out there and never saw the first four.

These addons basically have three messages: rare is up, at half health, and dead. I think we can all handle that.

2 Likes

What people?

The same people who asked for flying to be removed, classes to be pruned to the bone, time gating to be added?

Are we not sure that these people are not the developers themselves, or the annoying people that eventually pop up in every thread with the ‘but Classic’ line?

7 Likes

Would you actually prefer no announcement of rares?

Actually I would. I don’t find it fun gameplay anyway, rushing half way across the zone to tag a rare. If there is a rare I want I park my character there and just do something else while I wait for it to spawn - they don’t have long respawn timers on mechagon. On Nazjatar, I imagine some of them do but that isn’t the area you see all this addon spam anyway or I don’t.

From what people have said every time someone using that addon encounters a rare, the addon will spam chat with the rare and its % health. You could have 10 people sending messages for one spawn.

1 Like

You really captured the essence of BFA with this sentence, not just Nazjatar rare spawns.

2 Likes

No it’s not. You want the Meta Achievement just make a group in the custom LFG finder or better still do it with your GUILDIES or FRIENDS that are also working on the achievement.

Watching " Insert rare Name Here " has spawned and then half a second later " Insert rare Name Here " has just died is irritating as hell. There is NO need for these announcements anymore because; by the time it’s announced a second or two later it’s being announced as dead makes it SPAM!

5 Likes

Was I summoned?

Yes do you have a time line when we will get back the 5.6 Million customers the community LOST during Warlords. That everyone that was against flying said would NOT happen.

I wouldn’t blame flying solely for that.

1 Like

I’m not but WE ALL KNOW that Flying figured into the equation and the way that Blizzard and the community handled the whole Warlords situation. The toxicity drove a lot of people away and they NEVER DID Return.

Any idea when we will get those 5.6 Million back? Hopefully your understanding the gist of this reply from the only bolded part of it.