So, Party Sync in BGs

Just got out of a random 70 bracket BG against a bunch of MoonGuard players who were roflcurbstomping us.

As it turns out, they weren’t twinking, they were PartySyncing–carrying a guildie for exp. And they’ve been at it all night.

Can clearly see that there is no room for abuse in this at all…

You know, if I knew better (and I don’t), I’d swear that the Blizz devs are inventing new ways to ruin their game.

Edit: The noted individual had a ilvl of 432. Even with all the azurite traits/enchants/whatever else turned off, wtf is a 432 player doing in a 60-70ish bracket BG?

4 Likes

That is what party syncing is. Being able to do content with lower level players. Idk what else to tell you.

Let me point it out to you in a clear and concise way:

-At least one 432 (and there were multiple guildies) ilvl player carrying their levelling guildmate in a 60-70 random bracket and steamrolling everyone on the opposing side; wearing end content gear, when the rest of us were wearing just looms.

-They’ve been power-leveling their guildie (at others’ expense) all night; wasting other peoples’ time via myopic thinking on Blizz’s part and exploitative thinking on that of the players (wouldn’t be doing if they didn’t know they had an edge on the opposing faction). No, there is no abuse going on there. So much for the average player PVP levelling anymore.

-Ever see someone go into an end content BG wearing only looms? Do they last very long? No. Because they get BTFO’d. Always.

-So why are they allowed to PartySync with end content gear? They should be forced to wear looms (like the rest of us); the scaling…just isn’t scaling.

Sidenote: the player in question wasn’t even a PVPer; just a very average player with a dismal W/L record. Another Alliance unicorn-chaser.

-Now the only people who will be left in lower level bracket BGs will be twinks, nubs who don’t know better than to not waste their time (making WoW PVP useless), and guildmates trying to carry their buddies.

I predict that if Blizz doesn’t change quing PartySync system, that the lower-level brackets will be empty in less than 3 months…if not sooner.

Clear enough now?

5 Likes

Don’t stat changes and the likes happen when they’re party synced?

2 Likes

They do. But the end-game armor is OP compared to wearing just heirlooms.

Try it yourself. You’ll see.

1 Like

I ran into this group. They been using high level consumables like Potion of Bursting Blood (minimum lvl req. 100) in 90-99 bracket bgs that they can only use via party sync. Beware, bg levelers, there are people out there trying to ruining your day.

2 Likes

Ah. That explains a lot! Was on one of my Hordie toons at the time too…

Their item level isn’t of consequence. Their stats will be the same in their best endgame gear as they will completely naked due to the way 120 characters are scaled in these settings.

Like you said, enchants, trinket effects, etc., are all inactive. Beyond abuse of high level consumables (which should certainly be fixed), you lost because you faced a premade- not because you faced a premade of 120 players.

It would have been more of a landslide had they all actually been level 79 with their enchants and whatnot functioning properly. Party sync is not to blame.

3 Likes

stats lol
well what about the other thousands of exponential factors a level 120 can use.

120s are OP due to scaling, they need to retune. they should be tuned to heirloom level

3 Likes

All i got is you lost to a premade 120s are fine

Are they not currently tuned below enchanted heirloom levels already?

rather than ask me, why dont you show me what they are tuned to exactly if you have solid data

2 Likes

Don’t worry OP. Soon the only people queing leveling bgs will be the 120 premades, gamblers, and those who don’t know better. “If ya can’t beat em, join em…” or just move on and don’t look back.

I wish i could farm 120s on my twinks in the lower brackets …sigh

3 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t really publish ‘solid data’ on anything, as you know, but a player was kind enough to do some testing in the thread below:

I figured I’d ask you because you seemed pretty confident in your statement. Was that based on anything or not really?

I don’t condone what these people are doing, but I feel like the BG leveling experience has always been ruined by jerks. Pre-timer in WSG was a nightmare.

Yes but all these people who suck and get globaled have to have a reason so party sync it is. Like dying to a party sync player is worse than dying to a regular player. Pvp in this game is cancer anyway in this expansion. It’s likely to get changed again next time around AGAIN.

2 Likes

Agreed, just now every bracket is subject to this at any time. At least twinks we’re stuck in their specific brackets.

3 Likes

I thought potions were disabled for them? How are they using them in the bg?