So Overwatch is falling apart

That’s something that happens to the customer service people. You can’t exactly do that with top flight devs and expect a world class product.

Idk but i heard that it had a lot of technical issues and design flaws and that one of the devs got in trouble for insulting the creator of Diablo or something

Classic response. God forbid we just want the game to improve so we can enjoy playing it.

On the bright side for you, many do just stop playing. That’s why games die.

And that’s why many who have done them once already never bother doing them again. They can’t innovate. They couldn’t even bother to make festive decorations for Zandalar or Kul tiras!

Dying. Yes. One luckluster hero and map doesn’t mean the game is flourishing.

3 Likes

You’re assuming a lot there for one. Even if they were ALL just e-sports jobs, they could easily re-purpose them for other things like I don’t know…community support? They literally admitted they wanted to interact more with the community and stuff, yet haven’t done that at all. In fact, they fired and cut back a lot of community folks as well.

Hyperbole much? They didnt lay off thousands. They got rid of 800 unnecessary
positions. The people were no longer needed to keep the business running.
Most gaming companies are in bad shape. The future is mobile and you either get on board or get left behind with the dinosaurs.

They were laying people off before that and actively giving people golden chutes to leave. Also considering how bad things are going, saying they were all unnecessary I think is a bit silly.

Well as a direct result company morale is insanely low and nobody wants to work their. Their quarterly reports even point to their issue of not being able to retain talented developers is an issue. Wonder why.

And yet people go to work everyday. DOnt believe the hype. Blizzard will be fine. Ive said it before and I will say it again. They are a business and no one is entitled to a job where they are pampered. Also the future is not pc games, its mobile and blizzard knows it. They follow the money like all gaming companies.

If you hate blizzard so much then why stick around? Just wondering. Me personally im stickin around for classic.

We’ll see. Mobile games bring in a lot of money but only because of the accessibility of everyone having a cellphone these days. Technology will catch up and things will change in the future.

Because they were my favorite game developer since the original Starcraft, personally. I’m here for vanilla as well, once I get bored of that I’ll probably be done with gaming as much as I do now unless something changes for the better.

To think, this entire thread doesn’t even touch on role locking in Overwatch.

Ya’ll may proceed to enflame.

I actually agree with the Role lock

It may hurt at first, but its definitely better on the long run

I agree with Kuro

Role lock is actually good for balance more than anything

There cant be more or less than 2 heroes of same role, which makes a base for balance, something we didnt had before, outside of making all heroes do about the same, and we all know how that turned out.

This will solve the issue with a lot of heroes that are a nightmare to balance, such has Brig, something that even Jeff agreed, he mentioned how she is a goddess in Goats but complete garbage outside of it, and its true, now with Goats permanently gone, they can finally balance her her to be viable, which is what they are doing with her rework.

Another thing that will also help is people wanting or not to play a role, now you will always play the role you choose to play rather than being forced to play one, which was a massive issue, this for example:

You are really good has a DPS, but another guy took the DPS slot… he sucks, you ask him to switch with you, he refuses and begins to pretty much throw the match or even insults you and you cant do nothing about it, you arent playing your best role nor the one you wanted (which is a problem on its own) but you also have someone who isnt performing well.

Now thats gone, you will no longer be forced to play a role you dont want to.

Another thing which i love, was the new Comp system with each role having its own Rank

Depends how it’s instigated I find.

100% agree for competitive play, it makes perfect sense.
But I’m not 100% sold on it for quick play at the moment.

The whole point of quick play is a more casual approach where you can just jump in a play a couple of matches just for fun.

If queue times shoot up because people don’t want to play specific roles and then on top of that people are just restricted in general when wanting casual fun it could impact negatively on the community.

The biggest thing that I see with it is grouping small groups. If you had a 3 + 3 previously it would smash them together boom one-side, but now you would require the opposite combo to form a party.
If you had 2 dps and a support for example, you already eliminate all groups that aren’t queuing 1 support and 2 tanks, or 1 dps plus 1 other, or all solo players who are queued dps.

Obviously it is subject to actual experience but I think it’s going to be interesting over the next months to see how it goes.

TBF Quickplay died when they added the 1 character lock.

It should go back to Free for all

I installed and uninstalled OW many times. I uninstalled it because I felt like the game brought out the worst in me. I found myself saying things in team chat i’ve never said anywhere else. Not to mention the community is beyond toxic.

Half of your competitive games as solo que, are throwers, dcs, toxic people, or 5 dps comps and people refusing to switch and you get instant loss. I understand they have a roll que now coming up, that should help a bit but I eventually contacted Blizzard and told them I want OW permanently removed from my Blizzard account. I won’t go and buy a new copy of the game, but if it’s just installed there is nothing stopping me from re-installing it as again I do have an addiction to the game.

I have to get rid of it though because it really does bring out the worst in me, and I don’t want to be that person anymore. In short the game is great, but the people have ruined it for me.

I might give the game another chance, but it wont be anytime soon

I can relate

So Lex Luthor got added to Overwatch