So Overwatch is falling apart

Yeah i know, i know, its not WoW, but its a Blizzard game so meh

Former Overwatch player here, Ive played the game since its release, and… the game has being going downhill for a long time now, primarily the events.

For those who dont play the game, theres events that happen per year, such has a Halloween event, a Christmas event, a lore event, etc.

The current one Summer games, has been a disappointment after its first version, because… its still the first version after 4 years no new games, no new modes, its just exactly the same year, after year and to worsen it, this times theres even less skins than normal and this is been an issue for a while.

All the events outside of ONE has been just a copypaste year after year, and even said event which is called Archives was a disappointment this time due to the event having the same enemies has last time, same characters and being incredibly short.

And Overwatch is not the only one suffering, i heard that Heartstone hasn’t done well for while and that Heroes of the Storm was pretty much abandoned, idk about the other titles but we all know about the Diablo “out of season April’s fools joke”

And of course WoW itself, the current game feels like a job, theres no other way to describe it, you do your WQs which take a lot of time, and then you log off because you’re just tired, everything is blocked by Time gate stuff to force the player to play longer, leveling up alts is a nightmare for the reasons above, you barely have time to do anything else since the main stuff takes a lot of time (looking at you Pathfinder piece of ****)

An example is the 8.2 patch, which is again… WQs and time gate stuff Mechagon is decent but Nazjatar despite being beautiful (btw i the art team seems to be the only one with motivation) is a nightmare to travel without flying, yes flying WHICH IS TIME GATED.

So its clear that the devs are losing their motivation to make a good game and instead they are just looking for different ways to get your money.

Boring copy-pasted event and lootboxes

Time gated stuff

Mobile games

Store mounts

Massive Gold sinks that encourage buying Tokens to be able to buy them (such has the Frog and AH mounts)

RNG mayhem

ETC.

Idk whats your opinion on the matter? because for me it seems that we are just payers rather than players, and the devs being completely disconnected with the players is killing their games.

22 Likes

OW has been going down the toilet, this isn’t something that just happened last week.

8 Likes

Yeah but its special this time since theres even less skins this time, the events have been a disappointment for long time but they never failed with the skins until now and i know this since like i mentioned before i played since release.

All I know is within less than a year, Blizzard did a complete 180 on their public image.

OW has been declining more and more, the OWL is like the only thing they care about in that money sinkhole now. HS I know nothing about but it has gambling so I’d assume its doing fine. Diablo/Starcraft lol. HoTS is basically on lifesupport.

12 Likes

Oh yeah i forgot about the OWL BS…

What do you expect? The company had record breaking profits and still laid off thousands of employees.

You think if you worked there you’d be doing your best if thousands of people just got laid off? Or the members who literally created the company you’re working for all left / got golden chutes out of the company?

I know I sure as heck wouldn’t.

Tons of reports of company morale being down and It’s blatantly obvious why. Honestly seems like all of Blizzard is just giving up to people who just want to maximize profits out of everything and it sucks.

They even noted in their quarterly report that one of their major issues is retaining talented developers. AKA, nobody wants to work there and It seems pretty obvious why.

13 Likes

OWL isn’t even good. First season was alright, but the viewership is way down this year. Not to mention it’s boring to watch with the whole 3 tank 3 support nonsense.

Didnt Goats got replaced by a Sniper meta or something?

(btw Goats is the name of the 3 tank 3 heal thing)

Just a hunch but I’m pretty sure they killed HoTS and abandoned its Pro-League to focus on the OWL. Pretty big dick move when you announce to your entire Pro-Community like a week before Christmas you don’t have jobs anymore.

5 Likes

Hasn’t there been new Lucioball maps each year? New heroes to fight in Junkensteins revenge? New adventures in the Archives?

They are coming out with several expansions that all tie to each other, as well as bringing back quests! Already pre-ordered.

New heroes and maps are still being developed, it’s just several devs were moved and their Esports was abandoned.

Diablo is of course basically dead.

That was pretty scummy.

1 Like

Oh yeah just a visual map thats just exactly the same game mode with virtually the same map

I believe they only added one which was Sym and even Junkensteins revenge has been a disappointment too in the last years

Until the last one which was really poorly made, same enemies has the last event, really short, an entire section is just afking moving the payload, same heroes, etc

1 Like

Based on what i read here, i’m gonna have to say Lootboxes was the cause of the problem for Overwatch. Which wouldn’t surprise me cause that game, i enjoy immensely, is unrewarding as all hell. Can’t wait for the anti-lootbox bill to pass so Blizzard can put actual effort into making Overwatch rewarding… unless they pull an EA and call them “surprise mechanics”.

2 Likes

This right here should have been a giant red-flag for people in regards to Blizzard’s motivations and priorities. But some idiots will still find a way to defend the behavior.

4 Likes

And all that pales in comparison to their best addition yet!

5 Likes

Overwatch has a tendency to cater to the same demographic as Fortnite. The problem there is that Fortnite is stupid quick when it comes to pumping out content. There is a reason why it has been so big for as long as it has. Overwatch just can’t compete with that so it’s been on a downward trend in terms of players as well as viewership. Over time that has an impact on the financial side of things which in turn slows things down even more.

If anything EA will be the main cause that Lootboxes will get deleted

And yes… Overwatch is so unrewarding, i never raged so hard in my life playing that thing, one person, ONE can ruin your entire match and the voice chat is just hell

Competitive is for the masochists

3 Likes

i stopped playing overwatch after they ruined healing.

4 Likes

Most games lose their luster after two years. Its why new versions are usually released after that.

If anything Overwatch probably has the better team of all the franchises right now. It also has its esports.

Honestly I bought overwatch for the WoW pet, launched it once, played it a bit, hated it and never launched it again.

3 Likes

And? They’ve never done multiple modes for one event before.

I actually found it to be pretty fun and challenging while playing with friends on legendary mode.

So it’s still got Moira, reaper, McCree, and genji?

That’s awesome! Only got 400 credits though ):

1 Like