So Odyn lives in a part of the shadowlands?

Did we really kill her though? One of the island expedition items made it sound rather ambiguous about her “dead” status, so not sure if she’s just a soul hanging out in the Maw.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=53161/ring-of-the-reefs

Another ring? Hmph. Yes, we have been seeing them more frequently.

Helya is growing in power.

What, small one, are you surprised? Did you think she was defeated?

You cannot kill death!

I thank you for making me laugh today, little friend.

Odyn has heard about your search for Azerite, we have gathered what we could.

Here, it is yours.

This expansion retconned that and made death kind of weaksauce.
But maybe because Helya wasn’t killed in the Shadowlands, it facilitated her reincarnation?

1 Like

OH snap I missed that.

To be fair, I’m not sure how any of this works anymore. It started as “If your soul dies in the Shadowlands, it is utterly annihilated.” Now, there seem to be an infinite number of exceptions. Can Maldraxxi souls be put into new, stitched up bodies? Do loa that manifest in Ardenweald die if you kill them there? Did Helya ever really die? Lord knows at this point.

We did not kill her. We basically beat the crap out of her until she was incapacitated. She is and has been in league with the Jailer for a long time and Helheim is connected to the Maw. One of the attacks in the Helya raid fight is “something something of the maw”. Basically we broke the curse she put on Odyn and that’s it.Fat lot of good that did huh? Where the frak is he?

We did kill her, she just came back. One of the quests that dropped from island expeditions in BfA had us go tell the Valarjar that the Kvaldir were still around, and the guy said “Yeah that makes sense, I’m sure Helya came back to life.”

1 Like

Right. That Jailer allegiance has benefits. Sylvanas died for real too yet here she is because Jailer. Kel’thuzad we killed him too yet he’s a busy busy worker bee for the Jailer now.

No, he gave one of his eyes to Mueh’zala. We speculate it ended up with Zovaal.

1 Like

I have no doubt it did because MooZealand is fanatically loyal to Zovaal

Maldraxxus should attack the Halls of Valor and Odyn would be very angry to a boiling blood of attacking the Shadowlands making him the Raid Boss.