So now that Wrath is dead, are you going to play Cata?

MS>OS you can be best performer in the raid and leave with nothing because the dude who died on every pull rolled better. No thanks, ill take leaving with gold over leaving with nothing but a thank you every time.

Besides, GDKP pugs actually clear content

4 Likes

Im p sure Era has more players than Wrath rn. HC is pretty popular.

1 Like

aaaand you’d be wrong. Good talk.

Go on Twitch/YT, there are more “Hardcore Classic” searches and streams than Wrath ones.

Clearly people care about HC more.

I would bet that Benediction alone has at the minimum double what Era has in population

That’s cause of all the bots.

1 Like

Convenient excuse

1 Like

We don’t have bots on HC, yet we’re high pop.

Not in 2023. Modern WoW players simply have too much of a mercenary mindset. Way too many people will “have internet issues” or “need to take care of IRL stuff” once the group clears the boss and their item doesn’t drop.

2 Likes

120,000 bots got banned 2 weeks. Thats about 118000 more accounts than Era has total

1 Like

I mean can’t you just blacklist these people and not play with them again?

And another 120k bots replaced them a day later, banning bots and not removing their method of creation is not a solution but a press release to keep people happy.

Era doesn’t have bots cause in HC you can’t use AH or trade with people, so why would we need bots?

1 Like

Im not saying you have bots. Im saying that Era is dead and HC isnt gonna save it. HC is like any fad, very short lived and once people are burnt out on it they aint gonna do it again.

1 Like

Idk man, there’s leaks of future HC Blizzard servers for Classic along with more and more streamers/youtubers joining the HC train.

Wrath is dead content in 2023 compared to HC.

1 Like

Sure, but it still doesn’t address the main issue. There’s no loyalty to the community. Back in the day, people were way more likely to stay simply because they made a commitment to the group to see things through. Now, even if you try it blacklist someone, it’s not like it does anything. You’re not going to be excluding that person from content. They’ll simply move on to the next pug, or join a GDKP.

1 Like

Streamers also jumped on SoM train and guess what? That failed extremely fast. Who cares what the streamers are doing, theyre only in it for fast money

Yeah but what about all the people who don’t buy gold or have lots of gold to spare for GDKPs?

I feel like MS>OS can be more popular than GDKPs if more people decided to run them, yeah sure you get a couple bad apples but overall it provides a less P2W way to play the game.

HC is different though, you wouldn’t understand unless you played it.

I am thankful that I got all my raiding energy out during OG Cata, because now I have zero desire to go back. I’ve already been ignoring Wrath to play classic era and as the weather gets nicer I’ll probably stop playing both.

It’s getting to be /that time/. We all know that Blizz knows that Vanilla-Wrath are the “classic” expansions. Their actions from this point on in will have a huge effect on the size of the playerbase. If they move on to Cata without wrath era many people will simply accept that Classic Era is the only place to casually enjoy the world we love anymore. If that becomes the case, I will definitely play a lot less WoW in the coming years than I have in the last few, but at least there will always be a world to come back to for the lore and the simple joy of observing it.

2 Likes

I get it, youre blinded by the hype. Itll die and when it does nobody will ever do it again.

They do MS>OS. However, those runs are more of a struggle than they would have been back in the day because the vast majority of the better players run GDKPs.

Not even saying that GDKPs are good, just acknowledging the reality of the situation.

2 Likes

i find it hilarious how som/era players feel ther need to prove thenselves. “LOOK AT US WE ARE POPULATED. LOOK. AT. US”

you guys got some esteem issues that you feel the need to shil on other portions of the game just prove your worthiness. Bruh. No one cares. Go play your game. I can’t even pretend to care that HM (solo game mode) is pooping.

Reddit is flooded “Look Era is not dead we got GDKPS”…like wow…good for you. Still dead. 300 people is not “populated”. Nor is 2,000.

2 Likes