So now that the game has Pelagos and the

And that can end up doing the equivalent of a tourniquet to the neck to WoW lore.

1 Like

And that’s how you get people hating you. When you SHOVE SHOVE SHOVE.

It doesn’t matter what you’re doing, SHOVING only results in people SHOVING back.

You want respect? Be courteous, be respectful, present your views, but don’t SHOVE.

People can and WILL rebel. That’s human nature.

0 because minor backround characters dont really matter

They are though. They’re doing a good job with it so far.

Umm
 Are you both blind?
https://w.wallhaven.cc/full/lm/wallhaven-lmpkjp.png
Like, for real, if you don’t like her personality then sure that’s up to you but to say she is not good looking is just outright a lie.

There will always be people who say they only want representation if its not “forced,” or “done badly.” There will always be people who will disagree with representation because they don’t like it shoved down their throats.

These stances are simply a disguise for being a rubbish person. More often than not, any and all representation no matter how well it is executed will be, “forced” and shoved down their throats to these people.

They can never be pleased and their stances stand in the way of progress, ergo they should be ignored. They are few, far, and in-between. If they leave are we really any worse off?

1 Like

While I do agree with that sentiment, there are cases when reprisentation is done badly or forced and that isn’t a good thing (Varus in league of Legends for example).

So while I do agree that a lot of people use that argument as a means to justify their bigotry, there are also cases where that is a legitimate criticism.

Reprisentation is a good thing, and I’m really happy to see more of it, (Pelagos sounding like a solid example of it being done well). But the inclusion of an LGBT+ character who servers no purpose other than to be an LGBT+ character isn’t even a character its just a cop-out. All characters should be written to have a personality and a purpose, that includes the LGBT+ ones.

This is a game with a massive number of largely unimportant NPCs just living their lives in the background. Do you really expect a fleshed out backstory from the Blacksmithing vendor in any given quest hub? From the guards on a ship sailing between Borean Tundra and Stormwind?

No, that would be completely unreasonable. What is reasonable is for a guard on the ship to say “I’m happy to be heading back to Stormwind and see my husband again.” Who cares whether the guard with that generic line happens to be male or female?

That’s not really what I’m talking about, thats a case of background noise, which is fine (and in that case would be pretty cool and welcome), I’m refering to actual named characters who are suposed to be developed.

Then you should be happy, because in every case of LGBTQ+ characterization in Shadowlands, based on what I’ve seen from the alpha, the LGBTQ±ness of the character is a minor footnote at most.

I didn’t even recognize Pelagos was trans until the blue post. I know he has a compelling storyline though.

People aren’t going to be respectful no matter what we do because to some people, our very existence is an affront to them, that simply trying to co-exist in the same spaces IS shoving.
I owe them no civility or politeness, and will thrive on their spite.

Others though, who approach the matter politely, I will be polite unto.

1 Like