So now that bfa is over

I think blizzard will redeem Sylvanas, somehow.

When she said: Ours is a cycle of hatred, we paid thr price for “sharing” this world, we forgot what makes us strong, and I will set us all free.

She’s probably saying that the Forsaken are sharing this mortal plane, they hate life, and finally they will be freed.

Back to the ark of redeemtion, same with Uther, half bad is Sylvanas now and “her” good and noble soul is in the Jailer control, we save her, she saves us and became the new whathever death entity will be good for everyone.

1 Like

They lied like Todd Howard does.

1 Like

(Wish I could say you’re wrong. But no, that seems to be right on the money for the writer’s thinking)

I mean, that’s basically all that’s left to complete this clown fiesta of writing they’ve created.

1 Like

Sounds like an alliance disability. Go to your local horde witch doctor to get rid of it.

I

Why do you think we are going to the Shadowlands…the place that deals with souls …souls that have been damaged by Frostmourne. We wouldn’t be going there unless redemption was on the table.

Metzen was the one that wrote the cinematic, and he’s said that he had no idea what came after and was convinced Lordaeron came before Teldrassil. He probably wrote the cinematic thinking she was growing into the Warchief position, not ready to abdicate it.

Anyway, for those curious, someone on the story board has been compiling what turned out to be lies.

2 Likes

Sylvanas, the plot armor is thick, maybe even through next expansion. I still think she should have given the old lich king the final bow at the cost of her undead life.

Poetic justice, vengeance and a neatly wrapped up story.

Ion never actually said Sylvanas was morally grey. He said Azeroth is a world of greys.

More like a blueish golden bubbling brook.

The planet, not the Titan. The Titan is baby

Woah didn’t know I encounter this topic again now lol
Of course it’s still ongoing. Haha
It’s not finished yet.
Bad Blizz! Bad!

Two Years and this lie is still floating around? Blizzard has never said Sylvanas was morally grey, that’s something the player base just made up.

The real quote is

“Azeroth is a world of grey; it’s never been a world of black and white.”

Said during a Q&A in April of 2018
https://youtu.be/AUik9-2ygS8?t=3578

With that powerful beard comes wisdom!

She has gray skin … But no morality… at all

I bet Blizz expected more people to just be on board with whatever Sylvanas does. Turns out most people don’t want to be the Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Not taking a side, but how did Blizzard lie about Sylvanas? This is a genuine question.

No, but Travis Day said she “is not evil” and that she’s not really “acting in a cruel, mustache-twirling evil way.”

Source:

I remember seeing that ‘morally grey’ thing (or something like it) in reference to the tree burning, around the time the identity of the burner was supposed to be some great mystery.

BfA doesn’t win the award for worst character development (that goes to Grommash in WoD, from warlord And enslaver to “Draenor is freeeeeeeee!”) But Sylvanas as a character is honestly dead to me. I was hoping that BfA would be the chance for her character to become a true member of the Horde; instead, we got MoP 2.0 done infinitely worse than the first time around. And she looked so much more ridiculous as a threat than Garrosh ever did, because she wasn’t even a big threat for a while. And her power growth being largely off screen is absolutely ridiculous.

The constant lies regarding the story worsened the whole expansion for me. First the tree (even when it was revealed at BlizzCon, I remember hearing more audible groans than cheers) and then the “morally gray” peddling, it felt like the writers were mocking the players. I’m sure they weren’t, b it they really didn’t consider the impact of their lies on how players would receive the story, and now you have a good number very unhappy with the over all narrative.

Sylvanas has been front and center for more of WoW’s life than virtually any other character; she needs to go, and she needs to go as soon as possible in Shadowlands. She won’t, because she’s the lead writer’s Queen, but she needs to to salvage this laughable story.

The thing is we still have no real concept of Sylvanas’s motives.

Everything strikes me as her being written to appear the villain but in the end will actually turn out to be more of an anti-hero.