So nothing new again for a seasonal event- Lunar Festival

As i already mentioned for Winter Veil that at least added a toy for copper on a vendor, Lunar Festival started today but doens’t provide anything new or change gameplay .

From 4 Covenants, only Venthyr got something:
(Venthyr Covenant Only): Those loyal to the Venthyr Covenant can speak to an Elder within the Ember Court.

Specially when Lunar festival is really related to Ghost of the Elders, perfect for Shadowlands content.

I already provided a list of possible changes on PTR forums

Imagine if you could pick some coins or red envelopes on a special Brawl BG and then gain a buff or a mask that reflects that increase damage/speed…etc

A fire cracker item that you can throw to another player and blind it for some seconds.

New Questlines and solo bosses, like a tiger boss since it’s the year of the tiger, maybe use the same store mount moddel without a saddle on a Solo boss fight.

There’s a ton of easy ideas to invest on Holidays events but WoW is the only game that i play that doesn’t innovate each holiday event, it’s just sad for a game that should a world, but Devs only care about the current expansion and playerpower systems, we don’t need that amount of systems, invest time on new solo challenges like MT, Questlines, WQ around Azeroth, PvP flavour.

10 Likes

I’ve been disappointed by virtually every holiday for the past 13 years.

14 Likes

Really nothing?

They could have recolored those dress/pantsuits at least, I love putting my pandaren monk in them.

3 Likes

They should eliminate holiday transmog restrictions. Why can’t my monk wear that kung fu uniform year round? I mean, I would use that transmog all year if they’d let me.

11 Likes

We can wear a full yeti blizzcon suit but not a xmas hat…

12 Likes

This might feel good for some people They may have already done everything with the Lunar Festival, and may not want to feel pressured to do more.

It’s been a common request over the years, asking Blizz to give more serious updates to holidays. After all this time most people are just long done with everything related to them and an occasional toy really isn’t much.

But so far another year, another festival. Holidays being side content are understandably not a priority, especially in the face of the delays and setbacks of SL. Maybe someday, hopefully!

2 Likes

If anything new added its permanent and not FOMO, that player could do it any year.

Also, i think there’s more players that wish for some flavour around casual things like pvp brawls,solo challenges, questlines…etc that players that would feel like that, its an alive game, the idea of complete holidays events like 13 years ago as mentioned by Shreds only promotes the dead game idea.

WoW should breath new thing, provide something new, OW add skins and different arcade modes during each seasonal event, that makes that game feels a little bit less dead.

5 Likes

I have done everything with the Lunar Festival. Finished it up 13 years ago and grabbed any new toys/transmogs/recipes that appeared in the years since.

I would HATE to feel pressured to do anything, but that’s impossible since I already earned the achievement.

Now, something new would just mean I engage with the holiday casually and score a new item. There is nothing stressful or pressuring about that.

3 Likes

I wish for small changes even just the speed buff on Warsong/Twin Peaks to leave flowers, a frost path anything that reflects a change compared to other days…I can’t understand how the game doesn’t receive anything around holidays.

3 Likes

I agree. I was simply playing Devil’s advocate.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for a post around this kind of topics on the CC, i think topics for systems are easy to do but few players brought this kind of topic,i think the silent majority that doesn’t use the forums probably like this kind of casual things.

3 Likes

To me it was just another thing I took for granted about MMOs that WoW didn’t have. I actually thought my friend was pulling my leg when he told me that WoW events stay the same each year, but then I tried the game in Legion and saw he wasn’t.

I would love if the devs could change this though. Add some new items or a new questline each year, but I am not holding my breath.

1 Like

It’s sad rigth now, i go to OW for the weekly skin reward, during xmas there’s Mei vs Yeti, Snowball war…etc both created by the same company, i can go to Dead by deathligth and look for the red envelope and interact with that gameplay change even if it’s small (xmas had a snowman mechanic that changed the game more), there’s a lot of games that provide something to change gameplay and WoW could do questlines with characters that are not important to the main storyline, they could do quest with the orphans on each major city or any silly stuff and let devs be creative.

3 Likes

Why would the folks they have left working on wow bother? No amount of good management can get a team of hacks to produce anything more than cut and paste.

They even don’t bother changing the dates on some events. It a reboot of last year’s events including the dates. Hacks.

Look at last weeks patch fixes. Retroxy’s video got them to fix an interaction between powers that took hours to set up to pull off, yet that was important enough to be the only thing they worked on.

3 Likes

I have noticed that if it isn’t raid, dungeon, esport, or player power related WoW tends to do the barest minimum. Even with some of those things, it’s kind of anemic. It’s like the concept of adding things that are not tied to any of those things is just a foreign concept. There’s really not much to do in this game if you don’t like battle based activities. It’s a shame too, since festivals in other games are often a fun break from going out and murdering everything in sight. :frowning:

4 Likes

Just look at the ton of investment for seasonal events on Genshin Impact, the worse part is that Blizzard could gain subs from updates this events each year with small things and changes that makes more appealing to do something outside the current expansion.

That’s like 5-6 month subs on seasonal events, updating this events could provide a lot of money for them.

1 Like

Aye. The schedule for major content patches is so slow, that it would be nice to have something new to look forward to everything few weeks. Even if it was tiny. Add rewards to the event we could buy with tokens through doing event activities, instead of just relying on extreme rng. Add a new little questline each year that’s relevant to the event’s theme. Stuff like that.

1 Like

That’s what i mentioned on my “notes”, there’s a couple of cool questlines, On Azsuna there´s a quest on the Ghost Academy on which you enter the book and fight some solo NPCs, they could create a thing like that on which you enter a book while telling a story to the kids on the Orphan and fight a new solo challenge.

Or like Jade Forest on which you control Rikko the monkey race and other NPCs during their report quest, so maybe new questlines on which you control other NPCs and their abilities to tell a new storyline around the event.

I don´t know why they don´t let quest designers to have this kind of freedom and don´t relay on big patches, but some hot fix or small patches for this kind of events.

2 Likes

They could make those things year round. Will they? Nope.