So, No "Fresh" Cata Servers it appears?

Since there will be no “Fresh” Cata servers, is it better to just start on current Wrath character for the transition to Cata? ty

i fell for this trap in wotlk classic. My co-worker was very excited to play wotlk classic he said it was the best xpac ever so i foolishly bought a year sub as I wanted to play an MMO with someone that enjoys gaming and low and behold, they didnt add RDF to that and he found and said that version sucks, he quit all his wow subs and I got stuck holding the bag with a year sub so i made a character on maladath (fresh wotlk classic) and it was GREAT (in the beginning).

I had alot of fun leveling up with random strangers and most people bought the xpac powerups and because it was a “fresh” realm those power ups wouldnt work* (they said after people did certain things or a time period they would allow people to use the powerups on that fresh realm)… fast forward 6 months later - still no power ups were going to be enabled so they bliz foolishly opened free xfers off so people could use those power ups…

the server population declined super fast - at the very end my troll mage that was level 80 (Lyft was his name) was all alone on a fishing weekend - which was ultimately GREAT - i finally won the fishing tourney!! but I ended up moving off that dead realm and stopped playing.

So the only thing that was great about the fresh realm was the starting point but bliz killed it by selling powerups and promises to those people that bought them they could use them on a fresh new realm (someday).

I ended up losing out on the brewfest stuff so I had to wait a full year to do brewfest to get my purple epic mount achievement (I couldnt level as fast as most so I missed that event on the fresh wotlk realm)

The botting situation kills fresh servers almost as fast as existing ones.

Ya I would suggest just going to one of the already well populated realms and get your character ready.
Get to 80 figure out what profs you want going into cata and then dont worry terribly about ICC gear unless thats what you want
Try to farm some emblems of frost and triumph cause they will convert to justice points etc etc.
Maybe try for ZG tiger if thats your fancy :slight_smile:

What about goblins or worgen?

Fresh is a waste of space. They die almost immediately, so if your goal is to just buy server transfers, you can still do that.

3 Likes

I would say to wait until pre-patch comes out to truly start playing, unless you do not mind leveling a character in WOTLK without Cataclysm classes changes.

1 Like

So does the token and the “pay to win” mentality.

As someone who played on Maladath(new server) for wotlk, this is a terrible idea and a new server is destined to fail.

You’re a fail

I mean, my main has never bought a token or seen any token gold, and it’s basically full ICC BiS.

The only “pay to win” in WoW is GDKP, and I’d bet money they’re going to be banned in Cata Classic.

1 Like

Eh? Did blizzard confirm this?

They have not confirmed anything. People just throwing false rumors around.

Speculation is just anxiety of just having all WOTLK servers upgrade to Cata.

Honestly, imo, i think they will have a fresh server - even just 1, or just 2 - one pve/pvp.

They want people to return and play aswell try to satisfy other areas of the community.

Some people dont want to join an already established server especially with the whole GDKP thing and Blizzards stance on it.

Just wait and see

1 Like

If you read the title you would see a “?” at the end of it. It was a question. Never was a False Rumor mentioned.

Let’s read the rest of your post…

Speculate much with YOUR Rumors?

Carry on

Abit cranky are we?

Of course i am speculating and putting fire to more rumors because thats all we can do.

More discussions means hope that Blizzard will give us insight but more than likely not till a couple weeks till release.

Until they ban GDKPs in Cata, a new server is meaningless. It’ll end up dead or full of bots and gold buyers.

1 Like

Well they did in SOD, so will see how it would transition to Cata. Could be see how they are trying new decisions and how the reaction is.

I don’t disagree about the mentality. That mentality is what keeps bots alive. However, I disagree with the token claim. When done right, that is an alternative to buying from Bots.

i learned my lesson with maladath, they took a perfect balanced new realm and killed it by not honoring what they said about waiting for the achievements to get triggered to allow the people that paid for power ups to use them. Many people bought the power packs and made characters on maladath to boost up on a fresh realm, when bliz cancelled that offer 6 months into the realm, people cried so bliz opened up free xfers off to use the power ups… so dumb and that killed the realm.