So many players buy gold off 3rd party website

You lost me there.

First you said he’s selling it on the AH, but then you say he has it and can convert it. So, which is it?

When you “Buy” a token for gold on the AH this token can be either used for game time or converted to Battlenet balance.

Battlenet balance can be used to buy anything from Blizzard.

Correct. However, the WoW Token is not real currency. If bots are farming gold and using that gold to buy tokens, they’re not using real currency to buy those tokens, they are using digital fantasy money.

Blizzard does not use digital fantasy money in real life. Blizzard is a company that uses real money. So bots are not feeding Blizzard by putting fake money into buying WoW Tokens.

Well… not exactly, ill explain it further for you.

Normal game subscription is roughly 15 bucks right?

Gold token for REAL money on the game store is roughly 20 bucks right?

Well when the real player buys gold from Blizzard on the game store, he’s putting the gold token on the AH by that action for the real cost of 20 dollars.

Blizzard is effectively making an additional 5 dollars for the subscription time value of the token as it was originally intended to be used.

Not long after however they added the feature to the WoW token so that you can convert it into Battlenet balance. Either way, blizzard made real money.

This making sense now?

So as you can see, they are not “printing gold” and just giving it out in game, they are brokering the deal for an additional 5 bucks.

No, because the subscription transaction is completely different from the WoW Token transaction.

Like I said, gold is not real currency. Blizzard does not make any real money from anyone putting a WoW Token up for sale for in-game gold on the AH.

Essentially, Retail is “Free to Play” in the sense that you can “pay” for your account by playing the game enough to farm the gold necessary to buy a WoW Token with in-game currency.

Does Blizzard get any real money from that? No, they do not.

Not necessarily true. A battle.net balance is not equal to real money either. Again, if people’s in-game bank accounts are increasing because of bots, Blizzard cannot ever profit from that because there’s no official gold-to-money exchange possible.

The only gold-to-money exchange made possible right now is third party accounts. So, unless you want to say Blizzard is in bed with those accounts–which would be quite scandalous–I don’t think your argument stands.

Ok you’re misunderstanding how the WoW token works.

Its not really “Free to play” because the player who buys gold is paying the subscription of the player who sold the gold on the AH for the WoW token used to either pay for the subscription or used to get battlenet balance.

Essentially Accounts that are paid in WoW tokens are effectively netting Blizzard 20 bucks a month instead of the standard 15 bucks a month.

Making sense so far?

As you can see there is a Gold based economy inside retail WoW that is used to buy and trade, and even pay game time.

That “magical faerie land gold” is traded like real money for real money in the form of WoW tokens that can be also used to buy battlent balance. Battlenet balance can be used to buy quite literally anything from Blizzard; anything from new games, to more accounts, to pets, mounts, whatever you like.

All this is made possible because players who are willing to buy gold on the AH with real money brokered by Blizzard via the WoW token are paying the subscription of those who’re either willing to farm, play the AH, or even bot in mass by means of accounts legally purchased with battlenet balance as a result of WoW token Real money transactions.

If you have not figured it out by now, I recommend reading more about the WoW token here because I don’t feel like repeating my self any further.

How the WoW token can be converted to Battlnet Balance.

What I have told you is 100% absolutely true, and easily something you can search, learn and understand with these resources.

The Battlnet balance and WoW token are just steps taken by Blizzard to get in on the Gold economy that exists in WoW, it was never designed to stop RMT even if they claim that, because it has not done so at all.

Good luck my friend.

1 Like

Yes, but you’ve failed to account for people who would just buy the gold from bots and then buy the WoW Token with bot gold, essentially meaning that person is not paying for their subscription by giving money to Blizzard.

See, if every transaction went the way you’re saying it goes, then how exactly is the bot account making a profit from that? That’s where you lose me. Who out there is creating bot accounts for the sole reason of stocking Blizzard’s wallets when they get nothing in return?

Yes they can buy gold from the 3’rd party, this is true, but they are still paying real money to play even if they don’t directly give that money to Blizzard, and by using a WoW token to pay your subscription Blizzard still makes ~20 bucks on your subscription instead of the standard ~15 dollar rate.

Reason being, if they buy the gold from the botters, 3rd party, and then use that gold to buy a WoW token, the subscription is still paid for in real money by another real player who bought gold from Blizzard for the going rate of the WoW token “RMT” on the game store.

No matter how you do it, Blizzard gets paid ~20 bucks for the WoW token, and makes an additional ~5 bucks for a standard subscription when the WoW token is used to pay for game time.

So many people dont buy gold Mr Lightforged Space Goat.

1 Like

But, you have more gold than me! You MUST be buying gold! REEEE!!!

1 Like

LoL L2P sCrUb!!!

1 Like

If this is true, why would they be issuing ban waves?

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/gjj3n6/another_victim_of_the_banwave_gdkp_leader_%C3%A1nd/

9 Months ago when the last ban wave came out, they banned accounts for exploitation.

If they were truly wanting to be rid of the bots, the ban waves would go out weekly, instead we gotta plead for Blizzard to do something before they will do anything.

That’s one guy getting banned for running a GDKP nine months ago.

Just ban the bots that supply the gold and you solve 2 problems.

Only banning people that buy gold is like a cop standing in front of the drug manufacturer and only arresting the buyers.

Don’t take off the petals, pull out the roots, otherwise it will survive.

Caniabis market booming here in Illinois, USA despite legalization. The legal prices are obscenely high. I have friends involved in the trade and they’ve seen massive income increases.

here in Boston as well. It reduced prices by about 50% from non state ran sellers.

Wait, it’s exploitation now? I thought Blizzard was profiting from this.

I’m so confused now. Seems like you gotta get your story straight.

hacking… (not talking about botting)

Crazy I know, but players do hack the client and get busted and banned.

Oh, so bots aren’t hacking the game, now?

Riiight…