So many guilds dying even with 9.1.5 date

I like domination sockets. It’s basically tier sets where you can move the bonuses around. And they don’t depend on your talent tree spec or specific class, so you can just use them.

2 Likes

The Mythic raid scene - completely hard af trying to maintain a roster right now. Even alot of the big guilds are scrambling for bodies, and def pain smith is a huge hurdle.

The rest of the game, theres content but its nothing new, weve had the same stuff for like 8 months now and likely wont see even a sniff of a new raid tier for another 4-6 months.

I mean its a ‘timewalking’ thing. Anyone that thought this would be a perm feature hasnt been paying attention, its just something more to add into the tw rotation. And it wont even drop until a month after the .5 patch.

Raid logging has been a thing since forever, hence why it even has a name. Every raid players start talking about how players are raid logging and using it to judge the game, even though it’s been common practice since organized raids were a thing in games.

Blizzard: “HEY GUYS LOOK, 9.1.5 IS COMING OUT NOV 2!”

In super fine print: “Main feature of 9.1.5 is not expected to be active until December”

4 Likes

This. And criticizing others for raid logging makes no sense, too.

People get upset because… other people are not playing the game as much as you think they should? What?

For newer guilds, sure. But that’s always the case.

Here’s the dirty reality of cyclical players and start-up guilds that nobody likes to talk about:

1. People come back to the game when a new expansion or tier comes out, having quit the game previously.
  2. Since most established and healthy guilds are full, those people join new start-up guilds that are all full of promises and talk.
  3. The guilds fall apart because (a) the people running them generally don’t know what they’re doing, but mostly (b) they’re populated with the people from Step 1 who have no intention of sticking with the game in the first place. People drop out because they really weren’t interested in playing more than a few months, and pretty soon the guild doesn’t have critical mass anymore.
  4. Too many of the remaining players, instead of sticking with it and joining a guild that’s actually surviving and stable and healthy, just quit. Because they figure they’ll just come back with the next expansion or tier and start the cycle all over again.

It’s crazy. But people have been doing it for years. People who quit the game thinking “I’ll just come back later and find a guild” are not going to be happy with what they find.

1 Like

oh 100% its the nature of the beast unfortunately. And then you get alot of the guild hoppers as well who come back, and just use the newer/smaller guilds to bump their prog before going for a spot in the big ones.
But its just like seeing alot of established long time guilds, HARD recruiting right now, is something I dont normally see at this stage, but it is what it is. Can’t get them to pump out quality content at any rate other than what they are willing to do

DK = Decay

1 Like

Interesting. I’m not seeing that personally from people I talk to. We did see a ton of long-established guilds go belly-up in BfA, though. (We had 2 Top-50 guilds on our server die just during Eternal Palace.)

That says more about the state of the game than any post could

i’m from Oceanic so our big guy teams are pretty well known as I mean theres a good amount but you sorta notice when over the last 2-3 weeks like 20 guilds are pushing recruiting.

What’s the general prog of the guilds you’re noticing looking? Just curious.

umm initially was the usual kinda 3/10-5/10M (painsmith has been a kicker) but now seeing alot of 7/10 -10/10M looking.

9.1.5 is just kinda fixing problems that should’ve been fixed long ago.

It’s good as far as X.X.5 patches go (VERY good, in fact), but it won’t make up for the fact that a lot of SL stuff is still flawed at its core, Stygian Embers and the whole Shard system suck, etc.

This raid tier is and always has been a personal responsibility tier. Stuff like Painsmith, Fatescribe, KT, and Sylvanas aren’t bosses you can realistically carry three or four idiots thorough and you progress on those bosses (ESPECIALLY Painsmith and Sylvanas) as fast as your slowest learner figures it all out. So you not only have to make sure that your roster is capable of doing the mechanics, but you also have to make sure that the people you recruit thereafter aren’t a sack of potatoes either.

9.1.5 isn’t magically changing that. If you cleared the raid months ago, you aren’t magically going to have yourself a better raid to try clearing on November 2nd. And again, this isn’t a patch that was ever really supposed to be anything more than “fix bad stuff.” Even though I think SL is mostly not a bad expansion, the game absolutely needs a better patch than what 9.1.5 is offering to us right now considering how glacial the rate it’s been getting content has been.

What would make a “better patch” though?

Why do people still reply to this dudes threads?

1 Like

A good analogy for 9.1.5 and Shadowlands (not mine, credit to whoever made it):

In other words, 9.1.5 is basically a bunch of “standard” stuff that should’ve been in the game from day 1 of Shadowlands, maybe by 9.0.5 at the LATEST :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Feels like meaningful content compared to 9.1.5?! :worried:

I know this.

I wasn’t even doing this.

Again should probably learn to read before responding to me again.

1 Like