So Long, and Thanks!

Hey all,

My sub runs out tonight, so I want to take a moment to thank everyone for many, many years of fun discussions. Even though the story has infuriated me throughout BfA, you’ve got to hand it to Blizzard that they created a world and story so immersive that I cared enough to be infuriated.

I’m going to miss the many debates, and I’m especially going to miss the amazing sense of humour that so many of you have, and the posts that have made me grin when I needed a pick-me-up. I’m going to miss those who sometimes infuriated me - you can’t have a debate without an opponent - and I hope the feeling is mutual. And if it isn’t…well, then, I’m glad that my leaving brightens your day!

I might be back. If the next expansion is amazing, and the story goes back to being less focused on the NPCs and the faction BS, and I have the time…then I’ll be back here annoying people with my cold logic. I kind of doubt it, though.

So farewell, and I hope the game and story keep you entertained and passionate enough to keep posting here. We may drive each other crazy sometimes, but this is a place for people who care enough to bother, and that is pretty cool. All my best.

Carmageddon

78 Likes

Oh yeah your quitting cause of the high elf stuff heh

7 Likes

For what its worth, my brain still always saw your forum icon as the Blood Elf one I got used to, even when you started posting with your classic paladin.

I didn’t agree with every idea you had, but I always respected that you thought them through, and your objective never was “that group of people who play the other faction should eat dirt so I feel good.” So, one less rational person making points, and we’re worse for it. Hopefully, you’ll be back for Shadowlands.

The issue of the H-elf bit, utterly lost on me. I’m certain if that was the only thing bothering you, we wouldn’t have this post, however.

If you’re looking for another time-killer, ESO is pretty solid, and you can do much of it solo if need be. GW2 is highly underrated, if you haven’t tried it (though the latter I haven’t played in 3 years so… there’s that.)

Have fun! Hopefully you’ll be back! I’d scratch your name out of the Dammaz Kron, but you were never in there in the first place.

11 Likes

maybe someday, until that moment, have a nice day and live

1 Like

Then in hopes of that I’ll say “see you later”.:blush:

1 Like

All the best Carm, hopefully we’ll see you again sometime in the futu-

I might be back. If the next expansion is amazing, and the story goes back to being less focused on the NPCs and the faction BS

…we’ll never see her again.

29 Likes

It’s never a good when something someone finds fun makes them angry or maybe becomes a new source of anxiety.

Hope to see you and your posts again.

6 Likes

Winds be at your back. It’s not a bad time for a break.

Sad to see you leave and hope to see you back. I’ve enjoyed your posts since I started coming into the SF.

5 Likes

why not join us in the SF discord

12 Likes

you dont want to do that. trust me.

5 Likes

I’ll miss you, buddy.

They really don’t. The discord is a very silly place.

2 Likes

but i met so many nice people in that “silly place”

15 Likes

Some time away from the game might be healthy. Seems like you’ve really invested yourself in the franchise and have been disappointed with it over the last few years. Warcraft is a product that is made to entertain you. If it is failing to achieve that, time to move on.

You can use the WoW forums without an active subscription. But I don’t fault you for casting away.

Godspeed, ye tender soul.

It eventually takes away your ability to post. I know this from recent experience.

6 Likes

Can’t say we discussed all that much, I’m more of a snarky lurker than a debater, but it’s gonna be different not seeing your posts anymore.

But I hope all goes well for you in the future, wish you the best.

As Withpuppys said, you can always join the discord if you want to talk some WoW even though I know you’ve been bleh on the idea. It’s really not any different than the forums, a few bad eggs but the good outweighs the bad.

3 Likes

Infuriated you said ??? A friend deleted his account , 2 sold them , some just yelled at Ion and his destroyers tru their pc .They were upset and they never came back how many like them ?