So... Is #pulltheripcord back in question?

if you feel forced that means you care about being optimal, and if you do, than you should be reading up on them all anyways before making your choice.

i personally do not care about that stuff, i just think they all look really cool and i wanna freely play with them all.

2 Likes

I care about being optimal within reason. The post I linked should explain my thoughts on the matter.

They could remove soulbinds and conduits, pick the three best Covenant abilities and make a level 60 talent row out of them. Boom how easy would that be to balance? Of course that won’t happen, but I can hope. Then they make Covenants an actual permanent choice that you literally can’t change so it has true meaning.

Except that isn’t what the ripcord pulling movement is pushing for. They’re just wanting to make it so that you’re freely able to swap covenants, which means we’d have to handle four different combinations and systems. I wouldn’t be allowed to just stick with one, learn it, and try to master it. Which I probably wouldn’t be able to do completely with one, let alone four.

No Covenants will remain a meaningful choice for us who enjoy RPGs and dont obsess over being optimal at all situations by sweeping away weaknesses via tomes : )

i advocate for it to be pulled solely because i think itd be more fun. i really dont care about being optimal.

this argument is invalid because there’s a lot of people with my exact mindset. its literally not just the optimal crowd pushing for it.

I just don’t want to feel overwhelmed having to learn four covenant combinations, that’s all.

Yeah and changing classes in an instant would also be more fun, just like being able to get a free gearset that is better for your other spec so you get to have more fun with that optimized build that needed gear farming first.

Funny how that if that ever happens changing classes would be asked by many.

irrelevant conflation.

2 Likes

They’re only setting themselves up if they think this is some how giving them hope. Watcher has stated that there will be no ripcord pulling, heck he’s even said there isn’t a ripcord of any kind.

No. Please actually pay attention to what people are saying. What the ripcord movement wants is that the POWER element of the covenant choice be uncoupled. That is all.

No one has an issue choosing a covenant and sticking to them for story and their endgame hub and all of the other non-power related decisions. All people are asking for is that the very significant power systems of the class specific abilities, some of which are performing so exorbitantly bad that some dps classes get 40% of their damage from one ability, be changeable like talents.

Also I hate to break it to you, but locking the choice like this isn’t making the game any simpler for you. If you branch out to different game modes or even SPECS, chances are you’re going to have a different covenant choice.

3 Likes

It was pretty hilarious when people took his quite obvious metaphorical ripcord in the preach interview as somekind of already coded in system that was ready to be used at the press of a button xD

And thus making it a weak RP decision which was just as worthless as the sylvanas loyalist “”"“option”"""

The power is what gives it meaning and weight, without that, everyone will easily choose one, there wont be any real hard to decide choice

Uh…okay. If you think having a completely different end game story, a different hub with different end-game repeatable content as well as unique appearance unlocks and various outside world related utilities are as “boring” as the Sylvanas option. Sure man.

Also, just going to put it out there, but you must have just ignored the entirety of the forums when the loyalist option was implemented. You know, the option that had people who still to this day RP their “for the dark lady” and all the other things and whatnot. Maybe YOU need to have power tied onto the stick because you literally cannot control yourself enough to enjoy content for what it is, but to pretend like the community doesn’t make RP decisions for RP related consequences is silly, borderline insane.

2 Likes

Yeah and I also remember how they felt when literally all it ended with was just a cinematic that is completely ignored and irrelevant going into shadowlands, NOTHING CHANGED

So then in two years when the Covenants go away as Blizzard releases the next expansion with the next flavor of the month borrowed power system, all that “meaningful choice” you harp about will be for nothing, hmm?

And again…LITERALLY A DIFFERENT STORYLINE. I’m writing in English here, right? Did I suddenly start typing in French when I wasn’t looking?

Different gameplay and soulbind builds is a much bigger difference to your daily gameplay than a story “rp choice” that literally changes nothing.

Which is why power is so vital for covenants to be a meaningful choice

Dude…can you just like, read over the list I’ve already provided you? You’re ALREADY getting different gameplay. You’re getting a different story. You’re getting different utility in world content. You’re getting different activities on your weekly hub.

This is why your “meaningful choice” is just a misdirect. Because no one is asking for the actually meaningful things to be taken away. YOU on the other hand want to make the game less fun for players because you don’t like the idea of people playing the game different.

1 Like

Go ahead :+1: . it will give Acti - Blizzard the feedback that the game is no longer profitable and they will discontinue.

By gameplay I am referring on how your class players, combat is what you mostly do in this game, silly irrelevant story or a different main hub doesnt change COMBAT which is what we ll be doing from world quests to mythic raiding.

That is not a meaningful choice cuz it doesnt affect your class to any serious degree compared to how the possibly soulbind combination and covenant ability does.

Okay, so then you’re just a moron.

If you literally cannot find meaningfulness in anything that isn’t the game’s combat, you have my sympathies. It’s really sad that the only value you see in the game is how to kill monsters.

I guess all the other things like crafting abominations or collecting spirit transformations just doesn’t matter then. We can rest easy folks! Turns out we were all playing WoW wrong. You’re only supposed to care about how you kill things and nothing else. I for one am glad that we have such a profound defender of Blizzard’s vision to make everything more like CoD.

6 Likes