So is it not possible to unlock Earthen during Early Access?

Yeah I haven’t seen that video but I heard from someone else about it.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

That only came out today and not even the blue who said it knows if they will come out with full release and went on to say they feel blizzard was not clear enough with this and so have given their own independent internal feedback.

9 Likes

Thank you.

This is why feedback matters on forums.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Oh I know. I just gotta hit the doomsayer/troll guy.

It should have definitely been posted on the earthen page.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.

They post stuff that is based on Datamining, PTR Play, and Beta Play. Things change. When it goes live, they post new articles and don’t update the older ones.

I wouldn’t rush through it all the earthen unlock quests share a lot of lore on the race. It’s been pretty interesting so far.

you know, they’ve reused the dwarf model twice already for an allied race. where is the human model for an allied race?

Correct which is why BlizZard needs to communicate better!

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

This is bad… Very poorly communicated on Blizzard’s part given multiple reputable wow news outlets clearly had, for a while now, that earthen could be unlocked during the early access…

2 Likes

I assumed not yet, because… this specifically said the War Within campaign:

And if you click on the War Within campaign, it takes you to this:

Which specifically breaks down the max level campaign.

And underneath the “War Within campaign” is listed the Level Up campaign and then the side stories for the Earthen.

Sounded to me like it was gated by chapters that weren’t out yet. But I was also assuming.

1 Like

it is gated but the 3 side quest are not

We also have another article titled Early access now live
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24116738/world-of-warcraft-the-war-within™-early-access-now-live

Which says

“Unlock playable Earthen characters after completing their quests and the overall level-up campaign.”

So they didnt mention that they had stopped talking about early access by this point and the title no longer applies.
And they missed out the fact you need the max level campaign.

Its just really messy.

4 Likes

Yup.

But like I said before poor communication is no excuse to not fix what they did wrong.

1 Like

Yep. I noticed that EA article and was like… :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Not sure if it is bugged or not, would not be the first time achievements did not complete, but I would think they would have said something if it was going to be locked during early release. It literally said the campaign was complete for me, and it even said I could now unlock the Eeathen race when it did.

3 Likes

Can i do each questline in a diferent char?

wowhead says " This requires completion of the entire War Within campaign, including all 4 chapters at max level" (and 3 additional quest lines).
Which reads to me as we have to be be max level to even start the campaign for this to count towards unlocking. This makes no sense and I hope this isn’t true. Leveling is the only way I level up, and this IS the campaign.

2 Likes

I have completed the whole questline, including the three sidelines and I cannot begin the Earthen quest.

1 Like

I miss when expansions just gave us a new race to play with. This isn’t even new, it’s just another reskin with hoops to jump through. Thank god evokers were tied to only one race, so they couldn’t pull an allied race/earthen thing.

4 Likes