So is 3:1 alliance:horde the typical Ashenvale "pvp" experience?

Actually, yeah. This.

Like Ashran in WoD?

“All PvP QOL changes were made because alliance cried”

Yes, this has been a thing for many years and its pretty sad. The reason they added mercenaries? Alliance cried that queues were too long because they were all queueing for AV for easy afk wins.

Not really, Ashran still had the final boss be a PvE target as well. Something more like this:

There are different layers… Maybe I’m just on the wrong one as alliance I guess. I don’t sit in Ashenvale all day but of the 6 or so times I’ve actually been in the zone during the event horde have gotten 100% first and won all but 1. You don’t have to believe me, I don’t care. I know it’s true.

It’s the same on both chaos bolt and lone wolf, horde just simply doesn’t have the numbers period to compete. In every single Ashenvale battle, alliance has AT LEAST 3 or 4 raid groups that they can split to do both defense AND offense. Whereas horde never has that, we can fill MAYBE 2 raid groups each time and hope for the fabled 3rd raid group, but we don’t have the numbers to split for defense and offense, we can only do 1 or the other, not both. It really sucks but it is what it is, horde just haven’t stood a chance at all in this event because of the numbers game

2 Likes

Yeah, Chaos Bolt is insane. Did an Ashenvale yesterday Horde had 1 and a half raid groups and probably another half a raid running around ungrouped. There had to have been AT LEAST 500 Ally running around in one group, I wouldn’t be shocked if it was 2 or 3 times that. I’d bet good money on Blizz realizing they’re faction balancing worked for one day and it’s already a disaster. DM has dozens of ally sitting outside of 10+ layers while WC entrance is mostly alliance.

1 Like

Why, when you can just cruise control to victory by playing Alliance?

Yeah I’ve noticed this as well on Lone Wolf, it’s def alliance dominated right now. It’s not balanced. They need to lock alliance on these server, because something isn’t working here.

They messed up pretty badly and overbuffed Alliance and now the game is borked.

Idk they’ll have to buff the 40 and 60 brackets pretty hard in Horde’s favor to fix it but tbh the damage is prolly already done.

1 Like

I don’t mind playing the “worse” faction, it’s not that big. I just want a balanced server I don’t want horde or ally dominated.

You guys only got to do that for the past 15 years. It’s our turn.

Wait, you want to be on an unbalanced server? Or, what are you getting at?

So you didn’t play classic? Also retail has toggle PvP for years now.

No, I want to be on a balanced server. My point is Horde were the dominant PVP faction going all the way back to OG TBC when they got paladins. They were also the dominant PVP faction for all of Classic from 2019-present. Alliance got used to this and just dealt with it. Now that the Horde are the underdogs for the first time in 15 years they are losing their minds. Welcome to how Alliance have felt for the majority of World of Warcraft’s existence.

1 Like

Yes I did, and Horde were the dominant PVP faction from 2019-onwards. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten about all the threads crying about Horde BG queue times until Blizzard put in same faction queues.

So you are saying instanced content equates to world server population? Revisionist history.

Classic 2019 had 43% alliance and 57% horde on PvP and 59% alliance and 41% horde on RP-PVP.
PvE servers were dominated by Alliance.

You guys still talking about this? I’ve already leveled to 25 on alliance and hit revered last weekend with only one loss.

It was just revealed that the faction imbalance is within 3% of eachother so faction imbalance isnt a thing currently

And if you believe that, you’ll also be interested in the ocean front beach house I have for sale on Mercury.