So if i dont need FR for MC

Preserving this response for posterity.

Combat log data preserved from vanilla is nice and all but it’s not the whole story, not even remotely.

You do not know the full kit (gear) or talents of the player in question in most cases.
You do not know exactly what patch it was (in most cases).
You do not know the entire set of buffs that player was actually using (in most caess)
You do not know at all how the hit / miss, dodge, block, parry, glancing, and armor or resist on the server side actually works; we merely speculated how it worked in vanilla.
You do not know the math behind the boss mechanics, how they’re actually calculated.

Merely adding health and damage values to NPC’s makes the fight last slightly longer, but when you’re not required to actually stop DPS and do something different to A: avoid damage, or B: help another player then the fight just becomes a mindless tank and spank that can be easily math’d out with min-maxing gear.

What I am saying here is if your raid is missing raid mechanics it’s flat out easier even if you double the bosses HP and double his damage output. Some of the hardest encounters in WoW had bosses with realistically low health values, it was the mechanics (per the content) that made them challenging because you were doing things other than your face-roll DPS rotation.

1 Like

Seriously, stop…you guys are killing me…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5 Likes

It’s ok if you don’t accept it.

But it’s possible that they had no plan for resistances. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t an acceptable usage. That’s a very different statement.

1 Like

If you actually believe what you are saying… I can’t move on in this conversation. I am not going to waste my time on the obvious.

Which do not provide a complete picture, more like a glimpse.

2 Likes

Take the easy road and believe that the devs fully designed raids around resistance gear.

No one could pick that apart at all… /sarc

It’s ok though. It’s not important to have that conversation. It’s how vanilla was and how classic will be.

1 Like

But the devs from nost actually said that the raids were easier on private servers because trash didnt work right, almost all the numbers they worked with were made up, the bosses calculated crits, misses, glancing blows, etc poorly compared to live, and the player gear was most likely not operating correctly. On top of this, some player abilities stacked in ways that they wouldnt in classic. In short, the actual creators of some of the most populous private servers even admitted that private servers numbers were off across the board.
In short, no, raids will not be easier, and no, people with years of practicing wrong fights will not just roflstomp their way through.

4 Likes

I don’t think you’re right, but I hope you are right xD

In every case, when the private servers were making the stats and the numbers, they always went with the highest estimation to be safe.

And when they did not have any values at all, they plugged in default values to be safe that could of actually been zero in the real game.

And yes, I have heard the same thing, adds have lost some of their abilties, and certain AI is worse on private servers. So this isn’t a perfect comparison, there are some factors that make the private servers easier, and some that make them actually more difficult.

Like the ones I’ve said before, the gear we will have in classic will be significantly better than private server gear… because we will have 1.12 stats on gear. We will have access to AQ40 quality gear before BWL comes out… that is significant…

Some private server even increase the health of raid bosses to higher than the values they were in vanilla in order to make them more difficult… and people are able to clear them still fairly easily.

Again, I hope you’re right… but from what I’ve been able to gather myself it looks like they will be easier.

1 Like

They equate “harder hitting bosses with more HP” to “harder” when that’s not what makes PVE even remotely challenging because a player can gear, prep and talent to compensate for that.

The challenge of PVE is the mechanics, and these goofs think that missing raid mechanics are meaningless.

2 Likes

Multiple people have asked you to point out these “missing” raid mechanics on Rag, so let me ask you again, and I’ll be specific.

William, would you tell me which raid mechanics are missing on Ragnaros?

I’d love it if you could answer for real, instead of using that made-up strawman to feed into your argument of private server players sucking at vanilla. I have no idea why you think Molten Core is difficult content. It never was. I was able to do it as a kid brand new to MMO’s. Heck, I was able to 19-man it with only tier 1 gear. It isn’t hard.

3 Likes

I hope it is that way in classic too

Whether you need resist gear is going to depend on a lot of factors.

Melee (tanks in particular) need resist gear more than ranged. A lot of the mechanics that deal magical damage do so in a radius around the boss that ranged can sometimes avoid.

Some mechanics can’t be avoided. That’s where you need the resist gear. How much resist you need depends on your group’s DPS and your healers’ ability to perform.

No.

How would you know that if you can’t even validate the data used on private servers? For all you know, it’s way easier. That’s the point he was making.

Where is the evidence those servers are accurate, or where is the evidence that they’re overtuned compared to how things were in vanilla?

Also… “overtuned with progressive itemization”? You mean how things were in vanilla…?

New strategies formed on unverified private servers, yeah.

That’s not what a scapegoat is, and it’s not necessarily an argument that they are inaccurate or easier, but rather an argument that we have no way to confirm the validity of the data those servers use.

The strategies you formed might be based on things that differ from vanilla and the private server you play on. A scripting error, or an incorrect value for one of the bosses.

That’s not to say it’s necessarily wrong, but rather that it could be, which makes it useless as proof of how things were in vanilla or how they will be in Classic.

They can’t. It’s kind of a dumb thing to say, really.

1 Like

My understanding is that - in the general sense - the bosses do not hit harder, and the HP is negated by the fact that the armor values are (according to Blizz responses I’ve seen) horribly undertuned.

Completely useless.

2 Likes

Can you give me the HP total for Rag in Vanilla and in a short list of specific private servers (the ones you know about first hand).

Oh dang, I would really like to see a Blizz response to private server armor values.

Do you have a link?

1 Like

It is amazing the amount of cope in posts like these. Just can’t stand the thought of a 15 year-old game being figured out even if it’s not 100% precise on pservers? Any differences are very insignificant, I have played both. But keep grasping for straws if that’s what makes you happy.

The only thing you won’t resist is my good looks.

Its funny how people say this, yet my Druid Restoration BiS still shows 12 out of the 17 slots get replaced in MC after the updates to be “All 1.12 stats”.

But the gear themselves that you will be using… got stat changes lol

That doesn’t change the fact that I’ll be replacing the lion’s share of my “dungeon gear” with “MC gear” to stay BiS.