So I just got account house scammed. What's my solution?

So I was trying to buy some Druid form marks and I accidently pressed buy on a bid for what I thought was a single mark but it turned out to be 250 marks bundled up as one auction bid. So about 275,000 gold went POOF. What’s my solution? Do I just try to pull the same trick on someone else? I know I should of been paying attention but at the same time this feels like such a cheap way to scam people out of money.

There’s an AH warning if you’re sure if you want to buy x amount of items for x amount of gold.

Should you press confirm you essentially bought it as advertised therefore no scam occured.

Blizzard will not intervene in AH purchases - all are final.

12 Likes

I didn’t even see the warning but maybe it was my AH mod ???

I’m pretty demotivated now from playing this game.

Well, I for instance know from my own Classic AH addon that there is an option to disable the warning but otherwise the warning is mandatory when I first used it. I still have it on btw.

For everyone else who don’t run such addons, they will always see this warning.

6 Likes

That is something you will certianly want to change.

The AH default does show you exactly how many and what price. Sometimes people click too fast and accidentally buy more than they intended. It happens to everyone at some point I think. That is a user mistake, not a scam though.

The AH is a free market. We have to make sure we buy what we intended. All sales are final. You can re-sell them for whatever you think you can get for them. It may work out to be a profit if you are patient :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Unfortunately blizzard wont intervene its up to the user on being careful on the ah ive seen worse mistakes.

5 Likes

It’s not a “trick”, but yes, you are free to post what you don’t need on the AH. It may take some time, but int he end, you should recoup your most, if not all, of the money you didn’t intend to spend.

7 Likes

Another solution is that I have a bank character with all my money, and all my characters only keep 1k gold.

7 Likes

You’ll get real bored quick shuffling gold between toons very quickly, I tried it once never again and you could accidentally send 10’s of thousands of gold to the wrong person and not get your gold back because user error.

Autofill mail addons have made sure I don’t send it to the wrong person (my bank alt has a special A in it and despite being on one of the biggest NA servers I have yet to send gold to the wrong person yet. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I spread my gold out as well.

Send an heirloom if it’s a significant transfer.

5 Likes

The upcoming Warband Banks will allow one to store their gold in it so that other characters can access it.

6 Likes

Include a boa, can only be sent to your own account

6 Likes

Oh hey, I never thought of that!

Same here. Only difference is my characters carry 10k ea. Anything above that goes to my banking alt. Saves a lot of trouble and misspent gold.
Plus and this is a good thing for me, It saves me from buying something I really don’t need…lol By the time I log over to send gold over I have had the time to rethink it and most of the times I don’t.

Sort of how I do in real life.

1 Like