So I guess the level squish is official now

I was referring to pvp brackets there. Sry, shoulda been more specific.

Technically if they got scaling right, they could just break that into three brackets right now…

1. not all talents unlocked
  2. all talents unlocked but not max level
  3. max level

Fwiw, I wasn’t opposed to the stat squish, as badly as it went.

At some point crits start jumping up into the range where there’s so many digits that there’s no real choice but to use scientific notion to chop irrelevant minor digits off.

And I don’t think anyone one wants to see a bunch of

2.9x10^7
8.32x10^6
1.53x10^8

flying up their screen during combat.

The level squish… come on. Can’t someone write an addon that moves the decimal point to the left once please?

Contrats, you’re all level 12.0. Carry on.

2 Likes

I wouldnt go that far. Hopefully you’ll be getting talents all the way until max level, which is what i expect to happen.

1 Like

I feel like it would be possible to avoid a level squish if doing the questing in new zones was mandatory, and you received some kind of significant power boost by finishing the story.

For example, what if in BFA we started at 110 and started out finding new allies for the War? No heart of Azeroth, it was just about the story and maybe gaining some questing gear (which has some higher stats). At the end of the story line (e.g. completing Zuldazar/Kultiras and the respective establishing bases on the other contintent), Magni then calls upon us and we get the Heart of Azeroth and this is then the preface to Alliance/Horde Scouts finding out about Uldir?

Seems like we could do without level upgrades and just have improved stats/items for playing through the game each expansion. There would then of course be some skips involved for alt characters allowing you to jump to the Heart of Azeroth.

1 Like

i hope they are going to say something officially, it’s strange to me it would be handled like this. do a poll? i don’t want a squish, spent too much time leveling characters for them to change that. revamp the talent system, add paragon levels, almost anything would be better

Understandable, but to me currently i don’t feel like i’m making progress with leveling, especially in the later half. Gaining abilities does feel like i gained progress though.

Wow, can’t believe they finally confirmed what all us “scrub casuals” as we were called and shouted down by the fanboi’s when we stated the leveling changes were all done to strong arm people into paying $60.

1 Like

I find that unlikely. The more simple and standard Blizzard can make each spec the less balancing and complexity they have to deal with afterwards.

Maybe they’re about to change course and go back to adding complexity, but I really don’t think they’re done simplifying as much as they can yet.

1 Like

Well, they are in the middle of releasing Classic, maybe they found the stomach for some complexity through the rebuild. We can only hope, if Retail gets any more streamlined I’m done.

1 Like

Mr. kotick, I’ve tried submitting my various feedback on issues to the dev team over the years and it has obviously fallen on deaf ears (as so many others’ have here about this game), as the quality of the wow as a game and the quantity (in terms of the real, actual content offered compared to the pre wod days) is drastically different.

This lead and dev team have persisted in a “vision” that has been detrimental to the quality of this game, the players who have been loyal customers to it (some since the very beginning), and is a disgrace to what was once your company’s flagship product.

This lead and dev team are now poised to make another drastic change to the game, to balance out a number of equally bad drastic changes they have knowingly made over the years, claiming it would improve the game. It has not, and people like myself warned them of this fact ahead of time…only to be ignored.

This change, if allowed to go through will more than likely drive off a large amount of the ever dwindling remaining number of players still left in the game. I could appeal to sentiment, and a whole host of other reasons why this is a bad idea, but I will remind you of a simple business principle that is picked up early on in one’s business classes (or practical experience if they didn’t take classes):

“It takes two to three times the energy to attract a new customer as it does to keep an existing one.”

This is a principle this lead and dev team cannot or will not grasp, as they have made decision after decision that have driven players away from the game. They have not been replaced by new players. The game’s population only continues to dwindle.

You can see the attitude towards the player’s and the game in every Q&A, chat, and interview given on the subject by this lead and dev team. A complete and utter failure to take responsibility for their actions in this matter, instead blaming it on other factors and shifting it to the customers themselves.

Don’t take my word for it, the words and videos are out there to be seen.

Finally, I would draw your attention to one last area: the loss of customers since wod launched. These figures and data are readily available (up to the current minute I imagine) for your reading, and I ask you: how much has this current lead and dev team cost this company with their “vision?”

This is in fact a quantifiable number, because you can multiply the number of people no longer playing by the monthly sub fee no longer paid to your company. That is not only lost revenue, that is money that your shareholders need to have explained away. Constantly, each time over the years and to this very day a decision for “vision” over quality costs your company real money.

One final question: how much more do you think another poorly thought out and executed move like this will cost your company?

Because that will also be an equally quantifiable number.

5 Likes

All I think when I hear Dev “vision”…

6 Likes

Oh they know actually what they are doing they are slowly changing the game to merge the two together to save $$$. Why have two when they can have one.

Because that would destroy both, alienate both fanbases, and finally and completely finish wow.

That most definitely isn’t classic. Not by a longshot.

2 Likes

But it would start a new wow ,so this would be more in line with a whole new game,since creatively they can’t change much in the game and it’s lore.

Because all those people who wanted to play classic and have asked for it for years, even in the face of the infamous “wall of no” will totally jump ship for “new wow.”

…sounds like this will go over just as good as new coke.

Oh wait.

1 Like

It’s the weekend. I seriously doubt anyone at any level of their organization bothers to catch up on posts made over the weekend. Especially one buried deep into a speculatively titled thread with a few hundred posts. :wink:

But I applaud the effort. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I figured it was worth a shot. It’s clear that at this point the devs, despite all the lip service to the contrary, don’t actually listen or care about the feedback we give them. Time to move up the ladder.

1 Like

“We need to be more willing than we have been in the last couple of years and expansions to make permanent additions to the game and accept that, yes, there will be some untidiness down the road but it’ll be worth it because it’s exciting for players. People want that out of an MMO, they want an RPG as you’re adventuring and progressing and gaining new things.”

Thats a quote from Ion in a PC Gamer interview back in April. He talking about lessons learned from BfA’s launch and development. It should definitely be taken with a grain of salt, or a bucket full depending on your feelings toward the man, but it at least shows they see it as a problem that needs to be fixed and they just need to roll up their sleeves and get to work.

Edited cause words are hard apparently

Blizzard: “We need to be more willing to make permanent additions to the game.”

Also Blizzard: “By the way, we’re drastically reducing your levels.”

8 Likes