So I guess the level squish is official now

Then why not reinvent “leveling” entirely.

Levels are now brackets: vanilla, bc+wrath, cata+mop, WoD+legion, 5 BFA, etc. Revise as needed going forward.

Drop a milestone marker on the experience bar that shows where your next ability/talent/training opportunity will happen. Scale difficulty and gear drops to your current percentage though that bracket.

Scaling basically makes levels meaningless anyway, all that’s needed is some progress indicator to fill before moving to a new area, right?

And what the heck, require returning to an npc in org/sw before you can open the next bracket. Basically you’re experience locked until you agree to continue.

That way, if you like, you and others can queue/team up for that expansions endgame content while it’s level relevant without shooting past it while doing it.

1 Like

I’ll believe it when I see it from a blue. Imgur links from people who just want a squish don’t hold much verisimilitude for me. If it did happen i’d definitely end my sub.

4 Likes

This is another horrible horrible idea by Ion.

If they are looking to put more nails in the coffin of this iteration of WoW, that is exactly what they are doing.

And you for the really ignorant, they are doing this because it will allow them to release TBC, WotLK, etc, and only give you a new skill every expansion, thus completely nullifying what you have been doing for the past 15 years.

3 Likes

This whole thing sounds like some kind of Phishing scam.

Scammers have gotten really good at duplicating official-looking emails. I personally will not believe this until a Blue confirms it.

Edit: The screenshots show that it was made with Surveygizmo, a program anyone can access for 25$ a month.

Does anyone know of any previous Blizzard surveys sent using that software?

Fine. Agreed. I like shell game too, but it could really use some variety. And better company. Make loh go was an abomination before it got patched, now it’s just drab and dull. The rest are all awful.

Why is the Blizzzard logo all clipped in the images and why is improper grammar used? I’ve gotten questionnaires from Blizzard previously and the logo was entire, along with questions being posed in a proper format.

1 Like

I found this to be fascinating.

My survey asked how likely are you to purchase a Character Boost for $40 if it saved you 120 hours spent leveling?

Weird, or what?

1 Like

Yes, I mentioned above that blizzard sent me a survey about Blizzcon on may 20th. It directed me to that site. My spam blocker would know if the mail were spoofed, it was legit.

1 Like

The Circle of Life is very cathartic.

Not really, sampling for a spread of results would help narrow down where to dial their pricing and level pacing.

1 Like

This doesn’t seem like a question they would ask.

2 Likes

I have got them a couple of times - last time they asked about classic. Not this round though.

I’m already done with this game and headed to Classic WoW so they can ruin it anyway they want at this point…

1 Like

Also, Sachi, when you sign up for WOW, you are signing up, not just for an mmo, but for an mmorpg meaning. like it or not, you signed up for the story.
You would, therefore, be the one not playing the game “exactly” as advertised.

Ironic, that, under these circumstances, you actually think it is appropriate for you to tell players that they should be playing a different game.

Play the way you want, but don’t look ignorant by telling role playing players that they should not be playing a role playing game.

1 Like

That was the one of the big complaints about leveling is that it isn’t feeling rewarding. Too many levels vs number of talent/skill unlocks.

By doing a level squish, there’s also the possibility they can group all the expansions between Vanilla and current expansion for level scaling purposes, so that maybe you can level vanilla -> choose your expansion > current expansion. or even vanilla -> current expansion.

1 Like

Why would you think they would do that. They could have done that last time if they wanted to but they didn’t because how they did it was supposed to be a compromise between people who wanted no zone scaling which there was a huge group of players and the players who wanted all zones scaled together.

Blitzkareeg:
I’ve been playing WoW for 15 years and not once has Blizzard ever sent me a survey. So, I think you’re lying through your teeth.

Zemus:
Absolutely agree. I have never heard of one ever sent.

Me:

Granted I have been playing for a long time, but I have received a few surveys over the years. Sometimes they are short and sweet and to the point, whereas this particular one was far more detailed than any that I have seen in the past.

It was also interesting in that, considering the slight variations that some people seem to be reporting, the entirety of the survey seems to alter dependent upon how you answer questions, which I find very interesting.

(Sorry if this is confusing. I had to copy/paste what I was responding to because I could not get it to quote the post)

Here you go.

https://imgur.com/a/KJp8xhg
1 Like

Actually, mine did. It could be because I responded to one question by expressing interest in Classic and the survey seems to be set up to ask questions based on your responses.