So I guess the level squish is official now

Starting the game and playing for an hour, only to not even graze past level 5 post-squish, would be much more intimidating than playing for the same time as it is right now, but blowing past level 12.

7 Likes

nods

Leveling at the moment feels okay to me (and I don’t use heirlooms), it’s just I’m leveling to eventually access content, leveling itself doesn’t feel rewarding to me.

Eh, we gonna disagree on that.

How’s the saying go?

Agree to agree that you’re wrong?

Something like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure :3

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Cause initially he didn’t provide any proof. Take note of how many edits have been added since he originally put the thread up. It was after he got called out that he added proof, which I then acknowledged he might be telling the truth. If that’s being “owned,” then sure dude.

I call it common sense on my part in not believing everything you read on the internet without legit proof, then being mature enough to acknowledge if I may be wrong. I just woke up and am about ready to head to work, normally I wouldn’t bother responding to such an asinine statement; however, I felt the need to enlighten you. Have a good day.

:v:

Not really. Well they can but Blizzard has stated the are moving away from constant power gains of old expansions and are moving more towards expansion base power systems. This means systems that affect multiple expansions will feel worse and worse with each expansion added. It is why professions feel bad, leveling feels bad, talents feel meh.

Because those systems were designed from the start go that way as well. WoW systems clearly were not designed to keep going ever so higher. One reason why I actually kind of miss everquest is they would release 2-4 expansions before ever increasing the level cap. There would be expansion systems and expansion powergains and in general was handled better than wow ever did.

1 Like

No it’s doesn’t need to happen. All what you’re encouraging is more level and stats squish down the road. This only kicks the can doesn’t solve it while pushes majority of your current players away.

It won’t add new talents just current talents will be distributed to make it seems you’re getting something each level.

There should be tiers to leveling, like 1-100 should be beginners then you start a prestigious leveling or what not from 1-10 etc

3 Likes

Nice try at moving the goal posts. I simply asked you to provide sources. Nothing about “official.”

No, you’re pivoting.

Long vowel usage don’t change what I laid out. You can claim otherwise, but it does mean the change is meaningless, which means that any change based on it is equally so.

Because they stopped with one squish…

You clearly missed the point, and the analogy. Levels and progression are core to an RPG…like trees to a forrest. Remove them, even the “inflated” ones…and it will start to look off. Especially if the people in charge of the removal don’t know what they are doing.

I didn’t say they didn’t have replies…I said the one(s) in question weren’t substantive. You keep moving the goal posts, especially in this post: “official sources,” and now this.

And of course your dismissive eye roll at the end.

Constant ingame chatter from 10 years ago.

???

That’s not what I claimed at all, you’re intentionally misinterpreting what I’m saying.

And you’re comparing a level squish to real world issues so I think we’re done here.

…so no source. Disregarding.

!!!

You said it was the same as it always was. Meaning there was no difference. Now insert your comments about having to keep repeating yourself.

Look up what “analogy” and “simile” means.

The initial level squish is there to allow them to fix the broken systems currently in place. Even what you suggested, 1-100 would require a level squish/level removal.

Unless players are okay with systems eventually getting into the thousands to millions, which last I checked they weren’t okay with since they were asking for a stat squish in MoP.

They need to do this level squish and then actually implement systems that can withstand growth beyond the scope of what they initially planned, like your paragon system.

1 Like

That’s just your subjective opinion.

We already have mob scaling.

We already have zone scaling with overlap between expansions where you can choose entirely different expansions to level through.

We don’t have nearly enough abilities left to justify 120 levels.

We haven’t gotten anything new for our character since WoD.

Many of our “spells” are passives that typically don’t affect the pacing of combat or rotations. (Thanks to scaling and Blizzard aiming for a fixed and static “time to kill” window.)

Having just recently completed a Dwarf warrior from level 1 and a DiD from level 20, I can honestly say the only thing I notice as important parts of the process are hitting levels that

1. Give riding or flying
  2. Allow you to change expansions

Beyond that, at most you can take to add a medium to long cool down talent that does a bit more damage than the basic abilities you got between 10 and 20 just to have an extra button press.

1 Like

It’s not Sunday. Couldn’t you keep it in your pantaloons a few more days?

1 Like

It won’t be a removal, basically what I am suggesting there be 2 talent trees.

1-100 be it as exactly how it is now, then the new leveling will unlock a new talent tree for max level/end game akin to how artifact weapons worked.

My issue with this is that a level squish is only psychological fix nothing more. The stat squish caused major imbalance issues and I can only imagine what balance nightmares a level squish will do.

2 Likes

Damn Loch ness monster!

1 Like

I’m not sure “making the game more fun” is a design goal at Blizzard anymore.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. I have never heard of one ever sent.

Annnnd you know who’s idea this was…Ion’s. I hope it doesn’t go through, his ideas always seem to suck.

7 Likes

It’s real. I went through the questionnaire, is extensive and good.

1 Like