So how does death in Maldraxxus work?

You see fighters killing each other recreationally in the Theater of Pain. Do they come back to “life” or are they just dead for good when they lose a tournament?

They get patched up like the 6 million dollar man :wink:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xUNd9Q3G3LJZSfRCO4/giphy.gif

3 Likes

I recall Danuser stating that if you die in the Shadowlands, you’re removed from the hard drive - 100% dead.

1 Like

Basically you fight until you drop at which point you will either be rebuilt using other peoples parts of you yourself will be used to rebuild something or someone else.

But isn’t that only the house of constructs?

Yup. This is why a lot of the time they’re fighting for body parts

Pretty sure thats how it works for everyone here. Could be wrong, probably am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoKwX5fLJ5E

3 Likes

Maldraxxus is just
WoW x Call of Duty x Earwax

You respawn after you die so you can fight another round and buy microtransactions to make your soul more powerful or get a cool skin for it.

1 Like

They’re basically Spartans. Cull the weak. Only the strong survive.

They’re apparently reused for parts… or maybe reassembled into new constructs? … even though in either case they’d be … okay, they died (dead), then they’re dead (dead), then they die again (redead), then they’re raised as undead… so… unredead? …

Souls that are killed in the Shadowlands are supposed to be forever lost, but… if you could just kill souls that easily, why is the Maw even a thing? …

This whole expansion has some fundamental conceptualization problems.

3 Likes

Nah, I should defer here because I think I didn’t fully grasp Blasco’s point. In fact, now I’m not even sure how the concept of reanimation works in the Shadowlands because there are re animations of Kyrian souls, so they’re not dead, per se

But then, that seems to beg the question: is anima lost during the reanimation process?

Clearly our souls are high dimensional quantum states with various positions with which we can call from. :upside_down_face:

There’s that guy who gives you a World Quest to “patch” combatants back together, so they either are very hard to kill or don’t actually die and get replacement parts.

1 Like

IDK, you’d think that once they’re dead that they’re completely gone, but parts of their souls linger in the constructs. :man_shrugging:

Ghosts in the soft machine

Schrodinger’s existential cognition incarnation?

The soul is both there and not until you loo…oh, no, it’s really not there. Kind of like loot

And damnit, I want to like that post so much

I think in the Shadowlands, your body parts are your soul. So you can chop someone up and put pieces of them on a big abom, and there’ll be that fragment of what they used to be living inside the creature. Even if it’s just a leg or something.

I think of the soul as the software and the body as the hardware. It’s a very interesting concept and seems to be right up the AI alley/consciousness all that jazz.

Maldraxxus seems to be harvesting our old CRT screens, but the programming for our SVGA is still intact.

1 Like

All Coven leaders claiming that waits them is Oblivion if any spirit “passes/dies” in SL…

Kills random House of the Chosen mob - “Just you wait till I get a new and better body!”
Okay then…

Oblivion is what fel does to one’s soul, absolute erasure / deletion, ceases to exists on any plain.
I have a feeling what SL NPCs refer to as “Oblivion” is a true death. A realm that one cannot reach unless they are truly passed on, to a mental and a spiritual level in every essence.

Insight given by the House of Plagues former leader remarks how it is her next step in her journey, and Oblivion and her former kin awaits her there.