So how DO you pronounce Ythisens?

Old Gods language is my favorite. :heart:

2 Likes

So is the D silent?

1 Like

I pronounce it “the blue ox” seems easier…

Imagine my dismay when I found out that Yrel, which I had been saying as “ee-RELL” this whole time, is actually pronounced “Yurrel.”

I pronounce it “that guy” as in “Neall, you know that guy with the community thing and the forum whatever”. :slight_smile:

Ythisen claims Lore got his name right on the first attempt during the QA so, whatever that was is the correct response.

1 Like

We just refer to him as our Yak King, Overlord of us all!

He says “Yith-uh-sins” though, but there’s an I in the middle of the name. I’m a bit skeptical here…

Not sure

E-Thigh-Sins maybe?

Why-this-ens

1 Like

Why this ends

1 Like

07/13/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Romanna

How do you pronounce Ythisens?

Yith-i-sens

The Blue Baby Yak has answered this riveting question on the old forums.

Scroll down a bit in the thread in that link for the question and his answer.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

Yith-e-senz (e-t-s/zenz)

You don’t, thats the trick

This is coming straight from the Yaks mouth though. I would hope he would know how to pronounce his own name :slight_smile:

I pronounce it Yith-i-senz reminds me more of a cthulu monster than something celtic, nordic

But there’s still the question of what exactly the origin of the name is

I don’t know, but it’s funny seeing youtubers stumble over saying his name all the time (not to mention certain community managers :stuck_out_tongue: )

However you pronounce it, it is wrong. Ythisens is like Cthulu, our mere mortal tongues can in no way pronounce the true names of creatures so incomprehensible to us.

3 Likes

I use the same pronunciation as Ysera. (E-se-ra)

So it comes out as Ythisens (E-thi-sens)