So how are people insta killing with convoke again?

I must be missing something. I thought I’d do some skirmish arenas to see what all the fuss was about and 24% crit doing incarn with convoke isn’t doing anything. Most of the time they’re getting interrupted (as they should be) and full ones aren’t hardly doing any damage at all most of the time. Yet I come on the forums and I see so much complaining about how OP it is. So either I’m doing something wrong or more setup is required than just hitting a button and watching player health bars delete. What is all the complaining about?

Check the original dates, most are just bumped posts.

What was the problem before? Was it nerfed or something?

No more full moon on players, I think.

Also can’t CC+Convoke (roots/silence/completely obliterate opponent where you could before)

The PVP hotfixes don’t go through until the 26th. Convoke still does Full moon on players until reset Tuesday

4 Likes

yah its 26th

2 Likes

Well you would ideally use celestial alignment or incarn, activating both eclipses and granting you 80% crit for the first tick 3 or 4 spells of convoke (due to BOAT) making those first few spells have the potential to be very deadly, but yeah it’s mostly rng. I’ve had full convokes channel on my demon hunter and made it away with over half health, other times it’s been a full moon into a starsurge first two spells in .3 seconds and killed me from full. It’s just super rng, the level of rng that isn’t really healthy for the game in the form of a powerful ability

1 Like

Yea this wasn’t a problem in my opinion. I think I’ve tried it like 15 times now and haven’t seen anything worth complaining about or need nerfing. Most of the time I’m getting instantly silenced or interrupted which was what I said before to the people complaining about it. They clearly were not being quick enough on the interrupts or again I’m missing something.

Oh no,what did you guys do ? You actually nerfed it?

I don’t know. Apparently its supposed to not be nerfed until this Tuesday? I don’t know. I do know I have yet to see a full moon in any of my convokes yet. Maybe I’ll get 1 to happen before its nerfed?

1 Like

There was a 20% chance of a single spell out of the 16 becoming replaced by a full moon. So 4/5 convokes do NOT have one, and 1/5 DO have one, if it lasts long enough through the channel to actually get to the full moon.

A lot of people also died to convoke.
So…

-This caused a belief that it does multiple full moons.
-This caused a belief that Full Moon is guaranteed to proc once per cast.
-This caused a belief that convoke is an automatic insta-gib to the opposing team.
-This caused a belief that the full moon spamming convoke was dominating arena.

After months of people complaining about it, the 20% chance of a full moon was finally removed from PVP, thus solving the problem… except that this was NOT the problem. It was those who allowed the convoke to get off scapegoating it on the full moon, the most visually obvious thing to pop out of convoke.

So… what they really need to do is kick it.

Those who were dying to it before will continue dying to it, and will begin screaming that starsurge is too overpowered. In fact they already are!

If I get convoked I use SI and frenzied regen if i cant interrupt it - problem solved.

2 Likes

How come mages can still 2-shot players while being incredibly tough?

How come some classes are so ability bloated other classes feel irrelevant? Lookin’ at you druids, mages, and priests.

Well,I’m worried now since if it’s about pvp then it’ll be nerfed in pve too.

You definitely are. Just because you aren’t experiencing how strong Convoke can be doesn’t mean that it’s not a problem. It’s complete RNG that either can do a meh amount of damage or completely take you out from 100 to 0.

1 Like

I’ve heard people complain about getting 4 full moons.

Isn’t RNG supposed to be part of the fun in this game especially in PvP? I mean its pretty fun getting a high damage ability off.

Nah people are just too braindead in arenas and panic during convoke, or don’t realize the druid has come out of stealth to eat them alive.

It’ll prolly stay the same in PVE. Maybe. Blizzard does love taking the giant nerfbat to everything lately.

Well,they don’t have a good track record on keeping it to pvp only.

This is 100% not possible.

What DOES happen sometimes is that the fullmoon hits it’s target, then it does it’s decreased splash damage to multiple players.

This appears as “Xxxxxx’s full moon does YYYYY damage to You” on multiple players combat logs, and results in the shared belief that it has, in fact, been a different full moon on the target and the splash targets.

Now it does seem a bit OP that as a bear I can shift to it and do excellent burst once per 2 mins… but that’s a different problem entirely. :slight_smile: