So how are people insta killing with convoke again?

RNG plays a part but Convoke is just a random toss up of whether or not someone lives or dies. Having to save so much for 1 ability that has potential to put an entire team on its knees is just overkill. There’s a reason that stacking boomkins is an actual thing in RBGs.

The counter for Convoke is to use a major defensive or pray that you can kick it before it gets a good lineup of a Starsurge and Full Moon. Which can very well happen in the first second of its cast.

Let me be clear that I’m fine with burst. But the gimmick 1 shots with little to no counterplay isn’t really enjoyable.

They are supposed to insta-kill, perhaps just the CD needs adjusting. I was insta-killed by Rogue today in BG, well it wasn’t instant, took like 7 seconds but was just me and him so I don’t think insta-kill can be prevented if you have the right gear, skill and victim has no backup, its what’s supposed to happen.

edit- oh and I’ve seen convoke be interrupted, so theres that possible option.

Basically it does take a bit of set up, yet the majority of druids just made a macro that pops a few abilities on top of convoke. Which ups the damage it does to a stupid high level to where if in the first second they happen to get a full moon, it one shots you. Along with if you don’t get full mooned then it can also shoot out a ton of star surges that are buffed and also do stupid high damage.

The main thing about convoke is the fact that while yes you can interrupt it, typically it takes a second to even respond, and in many instances that’s all that’s needed for a one-shot. Top that off with the excessive CC that exists in the game and it just makes for a very problematic ability. Them removing full moon from the possible things it fires off is a good start, yet I feel like a baseline nerf is needed to where it does a reduced amount of damage when it uses the abilities. As the new meta’s going to be stacking a ton of CC and locking you down while the druid pops it. So its still going to be problematic and still going to need a bit more of a nerf on the PvP side of things.

2 Likes

Rouges also need a nerf, its bad when their able to 100-0 in a single global stun without serious healing input to keep up with the insane burst.

1 Like

But every class has perks, heck I wish I could just port everywhere, and sometimes that “perk” involves dmg.

Stacking classes in pvp sounds like players having fun. I’ve always been about finding new and creative things to do in WoW in both pve and pvp settings. I’m the kind of player that thinks getting 10 mages and pyroblasting a single target is fun or getting 10 moonkins and all doing convoke at the same time is fun too. I haven’t done either of those things but I imagine its pretty fun to do. Playing WoW in a very unordinary way has always been a fun idea for me.

2 Likes

We need an all-boomkin raid… has Asmongold done that yet? I should look it up, if not he needs to.

But it becomes problematic when it becomes the meta. To me there’s a difference between playing something that’s off and finding success and something being so strong that it’s advised to bring more of them.

Porting is great an all, yet the other end of t eh stick is the majoirty of classes have a lot of movement too that allows them to get on you again almost imeditally.

Sub rouges are in the same boat as druids and convoke, they simply do way too much damage with little effort in a small window of time. With the added bonus of they can stun lock you to death, and instant TP on you through shadow step when you try to run away from them. With the final nail being their dots will rot you super fast and require serious healing input to ensure you stay up, which they have a plethora of abilities to shut down healers with no effort involved.

TBH the game is very bloated with CC, one-shot abilities that just take no effort to utilize, with a clear cut meta. That also is driving out a lot of classes and specs due to the broken nature of pallys, rouges and boomkins.

1 Like

It hasn’t been nerfed yet, and the nerf probably won’t do that much aside from trim out the craziest high rolls. It will still be able to delete people within a GCD before they can react.

Your alt probably doesn’t have the gear, legendary, conduits, etc. that make it so deadly.

It is an incredibly high impact and high RNG spell that can literally 100-to-0 you in 0.5s with good RNG. Playing against them in Arena, your entire strategy is based around trying not to get 1 shot before you can react. Add that to a flexible kit of incredible control abilities and survivability and you’ve got a very potent combination. You’re basically hoping they fumble the setup and you’re able to kill them before the cooldown is back up.

I haven’t gotten to where I pick a covenant yet, got a few quests to catch up on, but as boomkin/healz I bet we all know which one I will get. If I ever want to be in a group.

Yeah your pretty much going to be forced into night fae, its literally the cut an dry meta for all druid specs, which is sad honestly. As the whole design philosophy for this expansion was chose what you like based on aesthetics, and blizzard dropped the ball hard on that.

1 Like

The problem was Full Moon, it was critting upwards of 24,000 or higher damage, and Convoke cast that ability anywheres from 2-5 times.

I wish I could hit people with 4 mortal strikes in 1 second.

1 Like

The best Warriors get is 2 Mortal Strikes during Bladestorm, right?

Yeah with the legendary.

Still a great legendary though.

1 Like

Ideally someone is within range to kick/stun. But you can’t always, and a lot of RBG teams are running double boomy, which is also a problem for the same and different reasons. I don’t think it’s game breaking, but it definitely sucks.

That said, my alt is a Boomy, in low rated games (which is who does the majority of the forum complaints) you can wide open convoke and no one attempts to stop it–which is where a lot of the ‘deleting’ tales are coming from.

1 Like

Well, I’ll wait and see but if this is true , that’ll probably be the end of me playing a pve bear.

pikaboo team died to double full moon in one convoke, from a resto
https://puu.sh/HagZk/92e27137fb.png

OP ventures into a PVP skirmish on a class he probably has no idea how to play, thinks Convoke is a one-button kill without proper setup, and then says “meh, everything’s fine”.

Hey OP, when you’re not a complete braindead scrub who understands their class with competent teammates… yeah, it is a one-shot.