So, Horde's long Q's are OK with Ally

What if more alliance queued for BGs AND less Horde queue for BGs so we can get some even numbers across the board.

Blizzard already came out and said that the win rates across factions was close to 50%.

1 Like

less than a 10% difference is hardly dominating… just sayin’.

y’all loooove pushing that narrative though; keep at it i guess.

Source please

well, i know this is a straight up lie to begin with because the pvp server i’m on is Grobb., and it’s a bit more than 60/40 ally. nice try though… not to mention bgs take in players from all servers, not just pvp.

considering a lot of horde have started quitting (based off the recent overall population numbers), it’s time for ally to step up then and start queueing then.

No, it is your fault for stacking one faction and then complaining relentlessly that alliance PVE players don’t queue up. The root cause of 99.9% of the current PVP issues is that 80% of the PVP community decided to go to the same faction. Its not PVE players fault, and its actually hilarious that people think that alliance PVPers don’t queue up. Who exactly do you think you’re waiting 2 hrs to play against?

Nah, just want you to shut up about trying to blame the alliance for the problem that was clearly caused by the horde faction stacking.

5 Likes

Great news everyone! Sounds like the problem is about to fix itself!

2 Likes

maybe what we should all do is set up a poll before wrath releases so we can see how many alliance and horde are going where… and keep it balanced to begin with!

Since you so nicely pointed out that bgs take members from ALL servers, I’ll point out that on US servers, horde currently make up 61.9% of players. If this isn’t unbalanced population, then IDK what is.

Americas & Oceania

Europe

Russia

PvP

Data for reset #10 (from 4 August 2021 to 11 August 2021)

All selected realms

96428 / 38.3%

155465 / 61.7%

60,000 player gap is a “narrative” © night elf druid who is very clearly playing horde

1 Like

I don’t believe Blizzard on that until they show the actual data.

1 Like

No, because we all have the same access to the same classes and factions. It wouldn’t be fair to the dozen or so people who rerolled Alliance for TBC in anticipation of such queue times.

This more or less hits the nail on the head in my opinion. The Horde population is only ~118% the size of the Alliance across all servers, but the Horde are waiting in ques that are several times longer.

I don’t think there is a conspiracy where Alliance don’t que in order to spite the Horde’s honor gains. There is a lack of interest among Alliance to que BGs because we have proportionally more PvE, and/or casual PvP players that don’t care about grinding honor or playing PvP competitively. That should not be confused with a lack of will power to PvP.

I’ve said this before, but PvP players and players at large should earnestly ask themselves why it is that more PvP interested players are rolling Horde than Alliance. And, to encourage Blizzard to do something about it.

The game will be better if both sides are active and competitive. That is in terms of Que times, PvP scenes/pools of players on each side, and PvP server faction balance (which affects server economies and everything up to being inside an instance on a PvP Server.)

Like I’m not interested in the Horde having que times, but HvH only fixes BG que times and leaves all the other problems that come with one side having most of the PvP interested players in place.

I wish Blizzard would try something bold to even out the distribution. We could have a much better game if they did.

*Population statistics are pulled form ironforge.pro’s latest report that came out for the week of 8/4-8/11.

5 Likes

no, i hate to break it to you, but it’s less than 10% on the americas servers…

see above post. comprehension’s hard.

better yet, i’ll just go and repost:

Americas:
ally - 86,529 = 46.92%
horde- 97,887 = 53.08%
total- 184,416

(data used from: https://dotesports.com/wow/news/wow-classic-server-populations)

Pifferz was pretty spot on. You shouldn’t use the entire population data when looking at an issue that only effects the PVP community. Look at the PVP community where PVP servers are split more than 60/40. Majority of the PVP community plays Horde and are upset when the people uninterested in PVP don’t play against them.
It’s like all the athletic kids stacked a team for dodge ball and instead of dividing themselves evenly they are mad at the band kids for not playing against them.

OP’s not so good at math, is he? You can’t make the average wait the same for both sides, make alliance wait longer and then all the horde they’re supposed to match up with with have to wait their normal time + that

1 Like

well, the overall population is in play because bgs use players from all server types, not just those that queue from pvp servers.

pvp servers doesn’t mean they queue for pvp only, it just means you have to worry about being attacked while in the open world. this is why you see so many carebear alliance on pve servers; it has nothing to do with queuing into bgs or not.

poor analogy- this only fits if everyone on horde got together before tbc and said, “let’s all go horde so we can really stick it to the idiots that still end up going alliance!”