So, hey, Blizz, these names

You gonna do anything about players naming their characters jokes, often racist jokes, about COVID19?

I don’t know why I’m surprised to see so many, given the hateful trash that constantly fills city general chat, but it still kinda surprises me every time I see a player stoop this low.

31 Likes

I would imagine that service is a bit on a timer and blizz can’t quite do as much while they’re at home.

That’s my guess anyway

1 Like

Names are player-enforced, reporting them and moving on is about the best you can do unfortunately.

14 Likes

Well, humans did have humor during the plagues with “Pocket full of posey” so i’m not certain how bad they can make this one.

7 Likes

I named my pet spore, Coronavirus. Everyone who’s not a Karen (which is everyone I’ve encountered with it thus far) has so far enjoyed the humour that it has elicited. People need to sometimes laugh even in bad times.

46 Likes

Report and move on. Not much you can do about trolls. Honestly people might not be so needy to troll if they didn’t get a response but also if Blizzard would implement a last naming convention so folks could choose to be Legolas (whatever last name) instead of Legolasxxxxxx.

2 Likes

For purely academic reasons what are some of these names?

15 Likes

Blizz has gotten extremely lax about names lately. You would thing they would be able to catch any form of spelling

Sometimes, humor is the only ray of light we have to guide us through dark times.
And jokes are one thing other people can’t hoard up on at the stores, plenty of laughter to go around when other things are out of stock.

My pet spore is also named Coronavirus. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

It’s just humor. People need stuff like that in times like these to cope with the issues. People aren’t doing stuff like this with ill intentions.

9 Likes

I have a Vulpera called Covidnynteen… so what? Given the state of the planet atm a little humour goes a long way.

4 Likes

If it’s legitimately offensive, report it. All you really need to do. They can’t keep up with all the loopholes people have for names, that’s why the tool is there.

If it’s just a name related to COVID I don’t think that’s a problem.

Funny, my Crimson Spore pet is named Coronavirus :laughing:

2 Likes

What humour?

7 Likes

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/641469e3-7ea0-4e61-8107-42588b7b696f

It is rather funny how humans are just notorious for not giving a dang in history

1 Like

I want to speak to your manager.

On a side note. After All American journalists were kicked out of China. China suddenly said there weren’t any new cases.

8 Likes

Normally, I dont care.
But these names pop up on RP servers, which do actually have a naming policy.
Blizzard doesnt really seem to care though, even if there are some… uh… Pretty racist and nasty ones out there.
Like.
Really nasty.

1 Like

Coronachan the Unholy DK did nothing wrong! You take it back!

1 Like

I don’t have kind things to say about people who believed that, so… I’m not gonna say anything. Momma raised me right.

5 Likes

You might not, but I will. Just not here. :slight_smile:

1 Like