So have we lost Blizzard?

I thought it was supposed to be one bad expansion, then one good one… Like…

WoD(Garbage) > Legion - BFA (Garbage) -> Shadowlands (worse Garbage)

Do you honestly expect people to enjoy alts through this crap…? To what see all the horribly written covenant stories? Lol!

Enjoy farming mindless systems and no loot. They just didn’t make enough content for the release of an expansion.

WTB fresh new MMO.

214 Likes

Blizzard died with the Burning Legion.

64 Likes

Bring back archaeology

101 Likes

I honestly believe, in order to rekindle people’s love of the game, they’re going to have to reinvent most old systems.

Crafting, for example, isn’t fun. Do something with it. Reinvent the way we craft, how we gather, the ways we interact with the world.

The list honestly could go on and on from combat to everything else, but it isn’t my job to do this, it is theirs. And sadly they’ve been pretty clear they’re not interested in actually investing money in the game anymore. They’re allowing it to die.

103 Likes

Truth. This expansion is bare minimum.

66 Likes

But we’re all going to get more Anima!!! Are you not entertained???

56 Likes

the blizzconline welcome video has alan adham clip while the lady says “big announcements”

… the reason that is funny and lol is because alan adham, he built wow. but in 2018 blizzcon, he said that they have all their best developers working on mobile games

21 Likes

And they’re using wow as their guinea pig for those stupid mobile systems. The mission table that has been shoved down our throats since WoD (and has NEVER been fun), is a good example of this.

33 Likes

I’m glad this isn’t full of circle jerking about this xpac, it is insanely alt unfriendly to the point where I just have decided to not play any of my other characters and start maining this one.

I wouldn’t say its the worst and I think that’s baiting but I also do not find running repetitive unfun content ( Borghast) is just not doing it for me, especially when I have to run through all floors on numerous characters if I wanted to alt them (unless unlocking every floor for every character has changed since I had an alt to 60).

24 Likes

I really don’t see what’s so bad about Shadowlands

19 Likes

Was never a thing. And you were incredibly naive if you think a company would push out purposely bad expansions.

1 Like

What’s this? A pattern made by the players that never actually existed turns out to not exist? Say it ain’t so! :scream:

10 Likes

So what you’re saying is that you don’t like Shadowlands?

The opinion on Shadowlands is actually pretty divided. Most people I hear or know agree it is, at the least, better than BfA. The Dungeons are certainly better, and Nathria (at least Normal and Heroic, can’t speak for Mythic) feels like a better raid than Uldir.

Now, you decide if loot drops reduction is better/worse than Azerite + Titanforging.

Or if the Maw and Torghast are better than Warfronts and Islands.

12 Likes

There is no cycle really. People hate on every expansion when it’s current. Legion for example, these forums were burning throughout most of it. It wasn’t until 7.3 that it became able to be “fondly reminisced” on. Same for Wrath and MoP and all the others.

But many people like them too, opinions are subjective. I think SL is fine so far. It’s not perfect, there’s flaws and has room to grow, but that’s normal and it is only the first patch. There’s never going to be a god expansion that can reach perfection off the bat. The covenant stories are very enjoyable in my opinion, far from terrible.

Be optimistic! See how things go from here. Even negative feedback is good, if it’s constructive, but if all you focus on is doom and gloom then you’ll have a hard time enjoying anything. :zipper_mouth_face:

26 Likes

Dang you just opened yourself up.

Didn’t you know that if a few dislike the game then everyone should? That’s the going thing nowadays. If your opinion is different, then you’re wrong.

Now that’s not to say there aren’t some things that are indeed boring and repetitive and gated. It would be untrue.

Maybe it’s just me, but I find Tor’ghast interesting. Not exactly fun, just interesting. Twisting corridors has and is pushing me to get to 18.

I’ve learned or should I say, relearned, how to pick my mob(s). CC is something we got away from.

Not everyone’s the same and if you think it’s garbage OP and aren’t having fun, then maybe it’s time you took a break. Might look much better and fresher when you return.

7 Likes

So then why are you still here?

Nah. Legion and BFA were Good. Shadowlands is Good, not legion good, but good

2 Likes

TBH i always throught it was strange how you picked 2 professions and gathering was considered one. I understand that technically those things by ancient human standards are/were singular professions but with the way the game is designed gathering never felt like a real profession in game.

I always felt that it would probably be smarter to have 1 profession per character, but allow people to gather anything, or have multiple ‘gathering professions’ so you can pick 1 output profession that makes good quality stuff and then you just players skill up on 2-3 different gathering professions. Then you have all of them interlink in a bunch of ways to make the good/best gear.

SL is a start in the right direction for the interlinking. I think its interesting that you can use inscription to force stats but that and making the SLegendary is literally the only where you see it.

2 Likes

10.0 overhaul! :crossed_fingers:

Cata 2.0

1 Like