So happy Twisting Corridors is still broken

For something to be challenging, there must be the possibility of failure. You failed. You’re upset. It happens! You know that you can get through it if your friend did. It could be he also picked better anima powers. It sounds like you didn’t have enough health or survivability. I always grab health upgrades, they’re essential.

3 Likes

Been saying Torghast is trash the entire time, including when it was on beta. My opinion hasn’t changed then and it hasn’t changed now.

21 Likes

I loved it. I just did it on my 2nd attempt and I absolutely loved it.
It was challenging and made me actually think for once on how to proceed and what order to kill everyone in, unlike normal Torgahst 8 layers one - that one is a breeze for me.

Tomorrow going for L2 of Twisting to get my pet. So excited tbh.

5 Likes

Obviously - but that’s not the issue I’m raising. Possibility of failure does not need to mean random chance of failure after 2 hours of time commitment based on completely unpredictable and uncontrollable factors. Had I just happened to get a different final boss, I just as well could have completed the run without any issue - that is indicative of poor tuning from one end-boss to the next.

The larger issue is that the jump in difficulty as you go up in floors is impossible to predict on floor one - meaning you could get through a run with absolutely no problems at all only to find that - due to RNG - you wasted 2 or more hours and it is literally impossible to down the final boss.

Lets put this in another context - if running a M10 could be either incredibly easy or virtually impossible based entirely on RNG for that specific run, would you think that’s fine? If every time you went into a M10 you said to yourself “i have no idea what the actual difficulty of this will be” then would the M10 level actually have any meaning?

Layers are supposed to denote difficulty level - as such, a Layer 1’s difficult should be comparable to other Layer 1 run’s difficulty. It should not vary WILDLY from one Layer 1 run to another Layer 1 run based on factors we CAN NOT know and CAN NOT control - ESPECIALLY when we don’t even find out if it’s going to work or not until we’ve spent hours running it.

That means:
a) The difficulty of the various wings needs to be comparable.
b) the difficulty of the final bosses in each wing needs to be comparable.
c) the overall difficulty of any layer should be represented earlier in the run, not at floor 16.

People should not need to run the same Layer over and over again just to get lucky RNG that allows them to complete it. The difficulty of any given layer should be CONSISTENT with other runs of that same layer, not RANDOM based on poorly tuned and balanced wing and boss difficulty.

I actually don’t agree with this - I enjoy Torghast. I enjoyed it all through beta. My issue here is specifically with Twisting Corridors time/length issue, and the fact that one end-boss and another end-boss are NOT properly balanced to be in line with eachother.

32 Likes

Torghast is one part of this expac I do not like. It is tedious. It doesnt matter the wing, it all feels bland. There are no rewards aside from ash. It isnt enjoyable. And shamans get fun anima powers. I just started it on my spriest, and man are priest powers lame.

I dont see myself doing twisting coridors. 2 wings of layer 8, 6 floor runs is enough for me. An 18 floor climb? Thats completing a full castle Nathria normal run… In a PuG. Until I outgear it, or they nerf it, Anduin is going to rot in the tower.

13 Likes

2 1/2 hours just to get to floor 12/13 all I got were defensive powers. I just left cause it was taking too long and I need to cook dinner. I’ll go back for my third quest thingy later. Someone in another thread said you can kill the floor 6 boss again and it will drop the last quest item you need.

3 Likes

Maybe get better gear, and try again when you have gotten you iLvl up say to 210 or so? I really think it’s a gearing thing in most cases. It’s the same with the base Torghast, people assume that they can just rush in and blast through it, and when it’s too hard or time consuming, they say it’s broken content, and Blizzard is a big meanie doo doo head.

No reason to stress yourself out, OP, just step back, do some mid-tier keys or what not, improve your iLvl, make sure your stats are how they should be prioritized and try it again. I promise, no one is going to make fun of you for taking time to gear up more for harder content.

I’m sorry but the only problem with Torghast is there are too many floors. 6 per layer is actually too many. 18 is absurd.

Either cut the # of floors or give us all the ability to mount or a permanent 500% speed buff. I get bored playing Walking Simulator 2K20

14 Likes

Gear isn’t going to make walking through the painfully long floors any faster. There are simply too many floors. I say this as someone who regularly can pull 1/4th or even 1/2 a floor of enemies in DPs spec and kill them in one go (no AoE cap on Epidemic).

There are simply too many floors. This whole experience would have been better if it was just 6 boss fights in a row.

4 Likes

Hopefully they will remove the quest linked to the completion of this. It is a bad joke. This is not fun and waste of time. Even if scaling for layer 1 was proper it still would be too long.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that it wouldn’t go any smoother for someone with an iLvl of 220 vs. a player with an iLvl of 190? I’m not trying to fire things up, just, since the squish iLvl’s and stats have been made pretty significant for one’s progress in the game.

My buddy played it in his sleep, cleared all floors while sleeping, and then Blizzard (yes, all of Blizzard) showed up to massage his scalp and feed him grapes while he woke up for being so godly. He smacked them all and said it he wasn’t godly, it was just too easy for someone good like him.

This is a true story. My buddy told me so!

8 Likes

No something is off. Gong into last boss solo on 18 with 149k health being 3 shotted. This is with a lot of defensive buffs too.
Tried a full group. Floor 13 seemed bugged too. Mobs were hitting harder than floor 18 solo.

4 Likes

I agree with your post about tuning/balancing issues, but just for future reference, the Grand Malleare has an attack that will one-shot you, even on lower layers of Torghast wings (not Twisting Corridors). I believe the attack is called “inferno”, and you will need to start moving and keep moving as soon as he casts it. As a warlock, you will not have time to finish your current cast or try to fear him—just start moving and keep moving until the red swirlies stop.

Sarcastic titles always lead to effective and positive change. This is known.

But the rewards totally make up for the difficulty. I was absolutely overwhelmed with joy to finish Layer 1 and discover that it doesn’t even reward Soul Ash. Pointless content is the bee’s knees. sarcasm off

8 Likes

I wouldn’t call it working when the game designer says “we want to wait for the live players to be guinea pigs for us”

4 Likes

He is saying two things:

• Getting lucky on RNG is proof of skill;
  • It is reasonable and right to lock a mandatory storyline quest behind content that will keep many players from completing it.
1 Like

I mean as an affliction lock personally I see where your sort of coming from, as affliction when compared to other classes does worse. I.E. a druid in my guild smacked a layer 3 boss down in 6 seconds, honestly see balance nerfs incoming. Yet to me it seems like you didn’t play your powers right, like I max stacked the extra DG summon, and the extra damage ability that buffs them. Which in turn was the reason why i was able to down it, along with stacking a lot of health and healing passives that helped me through it given past layer 12 it was slapping hard.

Its entirely doable, yet I do agree it was a bit long to push through it and kind of hope it possibly takes less time in the future, Yet its entirely optional other than the quest we got today for Anduin. Otherwise after the quest its pure cosmetics and prestige.

Twisted Corridors was fun for 8 floors until I realized there was 12 more to go. It took more than 2hours to get to floor 17 and wipe bc of the dog crap stupid power that takes a chunk of your hp or whatever… literal garbage. It’s taking way too long to complete, and if you wipe you’re left out with NADDA!

torghast is going to get old quick

9 Likes